Sign in to follow this  
freshlydesigned

Remove feature slider borders and shadows

freshlydesigned

Hi guys, I'd like to remove the border (either specifically on the right-hands side or all of them) and shadows on the Feature slider, as I have a background image that overlaps into the feature images and looks wrong with a line through it. see http://www.basunti-yoga-india.co.uk/ Can you help? Many thanks Jamie C

Kate

Hi James, Two things: First, in your custom code, that last line you added for the nav background: you have an extra "." at the end. Make sure to take that out so the following code works. For the future, I'd recommend installing Firebug to help you with these CSS customizations. Since this one was a little trickier, I'm going to give you the code:

.fcontainer{background:transparent !important;}

As it turns out, these aren't really borders, but the background of a div.

tippytap

I think I have the same issue - I have a white line under each picture which seems to be a shadow. How can I remove this? Please be specific especially if giving me code - I'm a newbie! Thanks!

tippytap

Here's the link: www.tippytap.org Working on learning Firebug, but also trying to launch the site in a few days so I'm crunching out content as well! Thanks for the help!

cmunns

James, WOW! cool site. That background is nuts. I tried using this ` * { border: 0px !important; } ` to remove all borders using the inspector but it only worked partially. The black side borders remained and I cannot locate them. The images are cropped correctly?

freshlydesigned

Thanks very much guys, really appreciate the help :-)

flourishdesignstudio

Thanks Adam! That is awesome! What does the asterisk mean?? I used your suggestion on my feature slideshow at jerrydellfarm.com

catrina

The asterisk is basically an "almighty selector" that allows the styling used for it to be applied to all elements.

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse