Sign in to follow this  
braggonit

ADDING MULTIPLE BACKGROUND IMAGES

braggonit

I have what I thought to be an easy solution which i was able to implement on an earlier release of platform pro, but since the new design control addition, i have been having problems. Quite simply, i need the ability to use 2 main background images. One for the homepage thats optimized to showcase the site features and another for all other pages without the features. The site in question is http://djnabs.com/main/ and you can see why two backgrounds for this site would be necessary to display or not display the features on certain pages. I have seen this topic discussed elsewhere in the forums, but have not seen a final resolution that does the job...so I'm hoping to get that here! Many thanks

kgstew

Hi Billy, Are you referring to the feature images that scroll through on your homepage or on the image on the top right next to the main logo? If you want to use different feature images on each page you can create different feature sets using the FEATURES options in Platform. Then using the feature page template you can bring a different feature set onto each features page. Cheers, -Kyle

toddatkins

Dude, I am new and clueless, but this worked for me: 1. First, set your background you want for all pages other than your homepage in Design Control / Site Background Image 2. Then, slam this code in Custom CSS:

.page-id-xx body {
	background-image: url('/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/bg-homepage.jpg');
	background-repeat:repeat-x;
	background-position:left top;
	}

Where .page-id-xx is the number of your page (do a hover in the "pages" menu and you'll see it. And where bg-homepage.jpg is your background you want for your homepage only. Worked like a charm for me. Peace.

braggonit

Thanks Todd & Bryan...I'm gonna try it out now!

toddatkins

For some unknown reason, the above example stopped working for me. Drove me nuts trying to figure it out. Finally found another solution:

.page-id-xx #page-canvas {
	background: url('images/background-big.jpg');
	background-repeat:repeat-x;
	}

catrina

Billy, let us know how that works out for you. If it doesn't, try out Todd's new solution.

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse