Sign in to follow this  
peterpetersmythecom

Some CSS Help on Platform Pro?

peterpetersmythecom

I redesigned my site and need some CSS help on my post page http://petersmythe.com/. I need to put a title on the list of posts, and have the underlining look just like the sidebars on the right. I'd also like to know if there is any way to move the margins in on a full-width post page without affecting any of the other pages. Thanks.

cmunns

You would probably have to use a hook to add a title to before the loop. As for the fullwidth page margins that would be easy because each fullwidth page has a unique id that you can use in conjunction with the css for margins.

peterpetersmythecom

cmunns, How would I go about doing a hook? I had that with Thesis, but never had a clue how it worked. My design depends on having a title there. If I need to have a ticket written on it, please let me know.

peterpetersmythecom

Bryan, Appreciate the response, but on the CSS, I can't figure out the spacing between h2 and the bottom border. I've tried all kinds of combinations, but haven't found the solution.

bryan-hadaway

Alright, let's get a link so I can have a look. Thanks, Bryan

bryan-hadaway

I think you're looking for: `.entry-title a{}` Thanks, Bryan

peterpetersmythecom

Bryan, Thanks for the tip, but somehow I'm just not seeing it. I usually don't have any problems with CSS, but this one is a bugger to me. I did email you about doing these tweaks under an invoice.

bryan-hadaway

Don't see what? I'm providing the selector I believe you need to use. Please try using it applying the style that you want. If you want the font to be bigger: `.entry-title a{font-size:30px}` or what not. Thanks, Bryan

peterpetersmythecom

Bryan, Thanks for responding. Actually, I got the font the size I need it. What I haven't been able to figure out is the spacing between the font and the bottom border. I've tried some padding and margin instructions, but they haven't seemed to work.

bryan-hadaway

Give this a shot: ` .fpost { margin-bottom: 20px; } ` Thanks, Bryan

peterpetersmythecom

Bryan, Thanks for the suggestion. I tried the margin-bottom with all kinds of pixel combinations, but it didn't work. The theme seems to require a certain amount of space between the .fpost .post-title and the bottom margin. I don't mind going the Pro route if I can get this and the title in place.

bryan-hadaway

Quick question; Are you using the PlatformPro Base and where have you been placing the CSS? Thanks, Bryan

peterpetersmythecom

Yes, I'm using PlatformBase and putting the CSS in base.css.

Kate

Hey Peter, Are any CSS changes you're making in base.css taking effect? If not, it may be a CSS error above the code you're trying to add. I didn't see any when I took a quick look, but it's worth checking out.

peterpetersmythecom

Kate, The changes that Bryan suggested took effect, but not the one that I am looking for. I am doing it right, aren't I? doing the css in the base.css? I've been able to make all the css changes I've wanted, except for this one. Of course this one is the most important to the design.

Kate

Hey Peter, Yes, as long as you have the base theme activated (Appearance->Themes) adding CSS to base.css should be fine. Did you try the code in "Settings->Custom Code->Custom CSS"?

peterpetersmythecom

Kate, No, I don't have anything there. I've wanted to keep everything in the base.css and not have any overlap.

cmunns

This selector controls the space you see: ` .post-meta { margin-bottom: 1.5em; } `

peterpetersmythecom

cmunns, Thanks. I think that got it.