Sign in to follow this  
deandwyer

Get rid of gap between my slider and page

deandwyer

I want the slider to put right up against the page border. Right now it has a small gap on either side. how might do this? Please be specific...I'm new to the whole coding thing and only been with the platform for a few hours now :-)

Kate

Hey Dean - If I'm understanding you correctly, you're going to want to widen the feature slider. As I suggested in your other post, I would definitely install Firebug... I think it will be very helpful to you.

deandwyer

Hi Kate, Thanks for replying. I did download firebug but at this point it means nothing to me. Looked for a few tutorials online but most make too many assumptions about the reader to be useful for a beginner such as myself. My other problem is that even if I do understand firebug, I have no idea what to put in the custom style box which is really what I need to learn how to do. Got any specific tutorials you can point me to? DD

deandwyer

Oh and I am not sure about the slider. I suspect (probably incorrectly) that is the padding I need to change and not the size of the slider, but again that is just a guess at this point.

Guest Guest

Can I get a link to your site? I would be happy to point you in the right direction once I take a look.

deandwyer

Hey Tyler, Still playing around with the features, but I do want the slider and I would like it to butt up against the black outer page. Is is as Kate says, enlarge the slider or is it a padding issue. (note: I'm a bit of a blockhead with this stuff so specifics are great) http://www.gettingrealnow.com/ Cheers my friend, DD

bryan-hadaway

`.home #dynamic-content{display:none}` Add to Custom Code > Custom CSS. Thanks, Bryan