Sign in to follow this  
rebeccagill

Sidebar Specific to Blog and Posts

rebeccagill

If I'm understanding the set up options, it looks as if I can have different sets of sidebars on main pages and my blog. I have a the flow side bar on all the main pages, but would like to have a different set of content for the blog. I thought I could assign the blog (via the main blog page) to override the default flow and set it to content or drag and drop. The theme doesn't seem to recognize a unique sidebar instance for the blog even though I'm overriding the selections in the page itself. Are there more detailed directions somewhere? Or can you tell me the best way to have two different versions of sidebars between the blog and main website?

Jackey

You can mix and match all kind of widget combinations with a plugin called "TS Custom Widgets v2.0". The nice thing about this plugin is that you can assign widgets to page types "Posts" "Sticky Posts" "all pages" and lots more. This in combination with the Show/Noshow iBlogPro3 Page Options. You have all the tools to show different widgets on all pages. Warning: it is easy to over-do it Page example Blog example Post example

Jackey

You're welcome... note that in custom widgets the "Show Widget Only on Homepage" is referring to the BLOG-page (with the is_home() tag).