Sign in to follow this  
ken

iblog pro navigation

ken    0
ken

Currently when you click on a child page in my drop down menu it opens and all of the child page links appear above the page body, is there a way to hide those without affecting the drop down window?

Jackey    29
Jackey

Hi, The file involved is `iBlogPro/library/_subnav.php` (please make a backup) Remove or comment out lines 3-18: `

• <?php if($post->post_parent || wp_list_pages("title_li=&child_of=".$post->ID."&echo=0")):?> <?php if(count($post->ancestors)>=2){ $reverse_ancestors = array_reverse($post->ancestors); $children = wp_list_pages("title_li=&depth=1&child_of=".$reverse_ancestors[0]."&echo=0&sort_column=menu_order"); }elseif($post->post_parent){ $children = wp_list_pages("title_li=&depth=1&child_of=".$post->post_parent."&echo=0&sort_column=menu_order"); }else{ $children = wp_list_pages("title_li=&depth=1&child_of=".$post->ID."&echo=0&sort_column=menu_order");} if ($children) { echo $children;} ?> <?php endif;?>
` Note: Be sure that the dropdown works with all your viewers.

ken    0
ken

please bear with me as i am new to this. how would i backup the file and where would i find that code to change it?

Jackey    29
Jackey

Hi Ken, First of all, do you have FTP access to the wordpress installation? If so you could just copy `_subnav.php` to `_subnav.php.backup`. Then use your favorite editor (or the editor built in your ftp program) to open `_subnav.php` and change the file. Save it and check if all your effords have payed off. Tip: If you are on an mac, I found Transmit in combination with BBEdit valuable tools.