Sign in to follow this  
maryjane

How to add image and text to header above menu on right?

maryjane

Hi, I've been searching through other posts but can't seem to get it to work. Is there a doc somewhere or walkthrough on how to add images and text to the header area? I can get the logo there fine with the options there is, but don't know how to add anything else to the right. I don't know php, barely html and css I am great at copying and pasting. thanks so much..

maryjane

Sorry, I forget that there is more than one, it's Platform Pro. thanks

maryjane
http://fodgeeboi.com/ heres an example of something I would like to do, different pics and text just above the nav menu.. Is that possible for beginners? It's strange that they didn't add a convenient fix for this, it's a staple for almost any website, they've thought about a lot of things and made them accessible for newbies, but not this =(

catrina

You can use a custom hook to add images and text. The instructions on how to add one is here. If you have any questions about any of the steps, let us know.

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

maryjane

Hi, um that isn't instructions how to do it, that's just kind of explaining what a hook is. I don't know what words to put in, I don't know any of it. =( What I would like to do is have a dark nav bar that goes across like this site has: http://www.blogginglabs.com/ with images/text above it, extending the width of the screen but not causing scrolling.. like this site has: http://fodgeeboi.com/ I tried use firebug like the other doc says, but it's apparently not that simple. help?

Sourena

Setting up a dark nav bar that goes across is possible by changing your CSS. Having images/text above the navbar is also possible using hooks or setting up a section. But it cannot extend the width of the screen. In the example site you showed us here the text/images are in a certain area that has the same width of the rest of the page. Basically in your example page the logo is on the center and some text and images are on the right side and left side of the logo.

alefba.us

Web Development & Design for Right-to-Left languages

maryjane

Sorry about posting the wrong link there for the full length one. I decided I should start with simpler, logo with text and I forgot and put the wrong one. To clarify, my goal is to have text/images in the header, and will forgo the idea of a wider header. -with the css for the dark long nav bar, I copied every possible thing I could and nothing changed, what am I missing? -What do I put where to put the logo center and text/image on either side? I have googled and searched the forums, and tried every possible fix i could find.. Please and thankyou, I need some help.

Guest Guest

Jane: Like Catrina has mention above, adding additional text/images to the header is going to require adding additional hooks and code. This is not something that can be easily explained, as it requires knowledge of PHP and CSS in order to place and stylize it. If you are unfamiliar with these areas but require this kind of customization, I highly recommend contacting someone from the Pros page, for something simple like this I'm sure you'll be able to find a very reasonable rate for consultation. The only other thing I could do for you is email you the contents of an edited header.php file, the associated CSS, and the link to the website so you could see how it was done. So if you would like to reply with your email address I would be happy to do that for you. Otherwise, again I must advice that you contact someone on the Pros page.

maryjane

Ok, well if that's what I can get, that's what I can get.. Like I said, I'm quite good at copying and pasting. How do i go about giving my email without posting it for the world?

bryan-hadaway

Hi Jane, Why not simply add the text to the logo/header graphic. There's hardly an SEO difference here if that's the thinking? Thanks, Bryan

maryjane

Honest answer? Because I don't know how to do that.. =) I guess I'll just keep googling and trying to find advice.. As for the nav bar, if it is alterable through css and firebug, then does anyone know of a site offhand that can tell me what to do? Are there more pagelines tutorials somewhere that I don't know about maybe? I have barely found any so far, I'm thinking I've got to be missing something..

cmunns

You won't be able to add CSS to get the navbar all the way across using the current design framework you have enabled. You would have to go with the full-width design framework instead.