Sign in to follow this  
pmullady

Add to framework?

pmullady

Hi, I am looking to add an MP3 player (jplayer.org) to my site. Now I can add it to the sidebar no problem but I was wondering if I could add this to the Platform Pro framework where it would sit in a div or frame that would only get loaded once. This way someone could browse the site and the music would keep playing. Here is a screenshot scenario: grCDY.png Thanks for the help! - Patrick

pmullady

Here is a better screenshot, I didn't crop the first one properly: pwaTU.png

kastelic

I am not aware of a plugin that would allow the music to not be interrupted as you switch pages. You might need your whole site to be built with flash or load everthing with AJAX so that you only stay on one page, but Pagelines can't do that.

ricardo

Patrick, the way they do it in Perfect Timing is using a frame: top frame has content and bottom frame is the player (notice that no matter where you browse to, the url remains the same). IMO, the costs overweight the benefits. To be honest, I don't know any way to do it like you describe (loads once, keeps playing without interruption through page loads, not even in Ajax) except placing the player on another page. Ricardo

pmullady

Ricardo, thanks for that. I was so preoccupied with getting it to work I didn't even realize that the frame was causing the url to stay the same! Guess I'll come up with a different solution. Thanks a million! - P