Sign in to follow this  
xflame

Show Full Post Content in Full Width Posts Show Post Excerpt in Post Clips

xflame

How can I show Full Post Content in Full Width Posts & only show Post Excerpt in Post Clips? Thanks Donny

catrina

In the Blog and Posts section in your theme settings, check the box next to Posts/Blog Page in Full Post Content.

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

xflame

Hello Catrina, If I only do that, the full post content will be available in the full width posts, but the post excerpt are not shown in the post clips. And if I check the box in the show post excerpt in the posts/blog page, in the post clips the post excerpt is shown and also shown in the full width posts, so in the full width posts the post excerpt is shown and also the full post content. I only want the full post content to be shown in the full width posts and the post excerpt only shown in the post clips. Kindly please advise. Thanks, Donny

catrina

You can use a hook to place your post excerpts inside the post clips (directly after the date, author, etc.). This tutorial explains how to implement one: http://www.pagelines.com/docs/base-child-theme To get you started, the hook that you need to use is pagelines_loop_clip_excerpt_end and the function you want to use to get the excerpt is get_the_excerpt();. If you need further assistance, let us know.

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

shaunareid

It would be really really reeeeeally great if this was a simple checkbox option in the PageLines settings, instead of needing to know how what the heck a Hook is. Looking at the link above it's a bit beyond my technical level but will give it a go anyway ;)

• Like 1