Sign in to follow this  
halsey

max # posts for boxes vs. regular posts

halsey

Hi- I am using boxes on my home page which is also my main blog post page. I want to include only one or two blog posts on this page, which is easily done with the setting in the wp 'Reading' admin panel. However, when I restrict this number, it also by default restricts the max number of custom post types that show up on that same page which reduces the number of boxes that are shown. I want to display one or two blog posts on the top of the page and four boxes beneath. Is there a good way to accomplish this? halseyburgund.com Thanks a lot. -Halsey

catrina

Have you already set the maximum number of boxes to show (in Box Settings)?

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

halsey

Hey Catrina...thanks for the response. yes, I have set this to more boxes than I need already. Turns out this applies to Features as well (not surprisingly, I suppose). If I set the max posts to 4 and I have a Feature Set with 8 slides, only 4 will show up. I have managed a workaround which is to use the 'Front Page Categories' plugin, create a new post category for "Front Page" and assign only the posts I want on the front page to that category. If I keep the max post display number high, then all boxes I want to show up are displayed properly as are the Features. So I guess I kind of solved my own problem ;-), though it does seem like a bit of a hack...

jeffyoungren

Any update on this? Seems like quite the workaround to accomplish something so simple.