Sign in to follow this  
cmscritic

Subnav disappears on post pages.

cmscritic

Is there a reason why the subnavigation menu disappears on post pages yet I cannot see any css hiding it? It is added in the site header template area and neither hide by default or hide on post pages is checked. under the header & nav section, I have a menu assigned to it and it shows up fine on the home page but the second I click a post, it vanishes. I cannot provide a link as I am using MAMP for development and it's a local install.

Kate

Hi Mike - What version of PP are you running?

cmscritic

Kate, The most current. I just downloaded it from the menu area this morning. Thanks, Mike

Andrew

Hey Mike, The sub navigation has been moved to a new section that uses WP menus instead of the WordPress hierarchy. Meta options are used to select the menu used. We figured it was an option geared towards a Pro CMS; rather than rely on the page structure.

cmscritic

Hi Andrew, Yes, I know it uses the wordpress menus but I still don't understand why it disappears on the post page when there is no option selected to tell it to do so. Both of the menus I constructed using the WP menus work fine on the home page until I click on a post. I need to know how to maintain them throughout the site and on all pages and posts. Mike

cmunns

The posts page subnav is set under the Global Header and Nav options panel

cmscritic

Thanks for responding Adam. I know where the setting is and I have chosen it. What I am saying and said in my original post is that regardless of this setting being on, the menu still does not show up on the post page at all. Only on the home page. Please read my first post above for a clear description of the issue. Thanks

bryan-hadaway

Please wait for further developer help. Thanks, Bryan

cmunns

Sorry about that Mike. I was unable to actually duplicate this issue. Can you double check to make sure that you have the secondary nav in template setup. Note** if you have hide by default and are showing it using the section control this will not work on the posts pages. You will also have to check "show on posts pages" back where "hide by default" is located.

jankowalski
i have the same problem, and as i can see it havn t been answered so far. i have secondary nav in template setup (header section) i have also uncheck under Advanced Settings check box set for Hide on Posts/Pages and secondary menu disapear on single post page, why???

Rob
Possibly your settings have changed due to a plugin. Have you made sure that the post you're editing or creating has the proper secondary nav selected? They are not automatic.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur