Sign in to follow this  
lmmolitor

Issues Uploading PlatformPro 1.3

lmmolitor

I downloaded PlatformPro 1.3, and renamed the zip folder to PlatformPro1.3. I am now trying to upload the new theme into WP but am getting the following error message after I click install.

Unpacking the package??¦ Installing the theme??¦ Destination folder already exists. /home1/greenbc1/public_html/wp-content/themes/platformpro/ Theme install failed.
I've gone into my Bluehost account and changed the name of the old theme to PlatformPro1.2.3, but when I do that and go back to Wordpress I get this error:
Warning: require_once(/home1/greenbc1/public_html/wp-content/themes/platformpro/core/core.init.php) [function.require-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home1/greenbc1/public_html/wp-content/themes/platformbase/functions.php on line 8 Fatal error: require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required '/home1/greenbc1/public_html/wp-content/themes/platformpro/core/core.init.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib64/php:/usr/lib/php') in /home1/greenbc1/public_html/wp-content/themes/platformbase/functions.php on line 8
I'm at a loss ...

Simon

OK 1st, Dont panic! The uploader is failing as the theme is already installed. Thats why you got this error `Destination folder already exists.` My advice is this: 1. rename the folder back to `platformpro`. 2. change the theme to wordpress default theme (twentyten) 3. extract the theme zip and upload the files to the `platformpro` directory on the server over-writing the files OR.. 4. if you have no FTP or do not understand what it is, delete the `platformpro` folder, then reinstall the theme using the wordpress zip uploader.