Sign in to follow this  
glenn

Ad Spaces on Bottom?

Jackey

Hi Glenn, I found the need for a (not to prominent) ad space that does not disturb the iBlogPro layout. The ad space at the bottom of this site is actually a widget space and the plugin used is iThemes??™ Billboard, but that could be any banner-rotator out there. It does not come without sacrifice though... I sacrificed the content-sidebar for this (I did not use it anyway). This particular widget-space has the advantage that it is controllable (out-of-the-box) with the "iBlogPro3 Page Options" and plug ins like "TS Custom Widgets v2.0". How to move the content-sidebar: Files involved - `iBlogPro/footer.php` and `iBlogPro/library/_pagecontent.php` (make backup copies) Move these lines of code form iBlogPro/library/_pagecontent.php (line 21-27): ` <?php if(get_post_meta($post->ID, 'content_sidebar', true)):?>

<?php if ( !function_exists('dynamic_sidebar') || !dynamic_sidebar('content_sidebar') ) : ?> <?php endif; ?>
<?php endif;?> ` To iBlogPro/footer.php just above this line (73): `

unitedskeeball

O.k I went through these steps and the basic function is there I just need to tweak the form. How do I A) remove the hr line B) move everything up closer to the copyright line and c) how do I get it to auto center and mimic the width of the containers above? I am sure this is just some styling cues in css right?!?

Andrew

Hi Robert, yes, you are right (CSS can do a lot!). Did you inspect with FireBug? Can you give me the link for the page you're working on ?