Sign in to follow this  
annastead

Blog disappeared after upgrade

annastead

Hi there, I have just upgraded to the new Platform Pro and my blog has disappeared from the site. The blog page/link still exists and the blog posts exist on my Wordpress admin panel, I just cannot get them to show up. Have looked for how I got it up there in the first place, but can't remember and can't find a document, or another thread. Apologies, but please, if you can, help! Site is www.annabananna.com

peterluit

First look at the WordPress Settings - Reading and try to figure out what page you display as a static page and which page you'll use for the blogposts. In your case 'home' seems to be the static page and 'blog' seems to be the blog page. Second, look in Platform setting 'template setup' if in the blogpage 'Maincontent' has been paced, that is the main loop of your blog content. Third, go to your blogpage in 'pages' and check if 'hide content area' has not been selected. I hope this helps. It is strange anyway that you have a 'comment' area visible on your blog page...... Let me know.... Peter

annastead

Thank you so much! I have to embarrassingly confess it was that there was no static page for the blog.... Think there needs to be Platform Pro Idiot's Guide... Thanks again!

peterluit

@anna: only the second and third issue have to do with PFP, the first is a WordPress choice for the 'builder' of the site. And it is from version 3.0 more than logical to shift the blogpage to another position, since 3.0 is much more a complete content management system, not just only a blog. But you just have to know these things.....bij learning by doing.....