Sign in to follow this  
scolasanti

Feature thumbs no longer showing in platform pro 1.3.*

scolasanti

My 50 x 30 thumbs for feature navigation no longer show up on my site after the update to 1.3. I double checked the file locations and even deleted and reloaded the thumbnails. The default thumbs on the example features no longer show on my site either, just little empty white boxes. All plug-ins off.The feature thumbs re-appear if I dropped PlatformPro back to 1.2.3 Any thoughts? Thanks

ricardo

On one of my test sites I had the same problem. Upon close inspection I found out I lost the definitions during the upgrade, I mean, there was no selection in the PlatformPro > Settings > Feature Navigation Mode (or in any of the Feature Sections for that matter). See if you have the same problem! Ricardo

scolasanti

Nope those are all set correctly. Looking at the elements in firebug and it keeps coming up as

span class="nav_thumb" style="background: url("") repeat scroll 0% 0% rgb(255, 255, 255);">

So it looks like the thumbs are not pulling the images I have loaded. The overlays that that indicate the active slide are functioning normally.

Andrew

Will check it out... in the meantime, please double check your on page, on feature and global settings.

scolasanti

EDIT: thanks Andrew does the info below help at all? Yeah it doesn't seem to be pulling the nav_thumb URLs correctly. in section.features.php for 1.3.1 we have:

"<span class='nav_thumb' style='background:#fff url(%s);'><span class='nav_overlay'>? </span>
while in section.features.php for 1.2.3 it is:
'<span class="nav_thumb" style="background:#fff url(<?php echo get_post_meta( $feature_info->ID, "feature-thumb", true); ?>)"><span class="nav_overlay">? </span>

I am way out of my element in this stuff however.

bryan-hadaway

Hold tight for continued developer support... Thanks, Bryan

greggsky

What's the word on this? I have the same problem.

Andrew

A live link might help here guys, it's working on my local install. Maybe its a PHP version thing?

jcandrsn

Same problem. And doesn't seem to be displaying the "Feature Names" when that option is selected either.

Andrew

Again, live link would help here. I have to figure out if its a JS issue or a server related one.

cmunns

It doesn't look like a js error, what is the URL you have entered in the feature thumb location? Is it a relative or absolute path?

ocalaweb

I have a fresh install, on a test site and the feature thumbs do not appear on the home page which is set to be the posts page. Default wordpress setup. On other pages they work fine... The URL is empty ...

ocalaweb

Seems to only be affected by the posts page as regular pages have no troubles displaying my feature thumbs. btw version 1.3.1...

bryan-hadaway

Marking for further developer review. Thanks, Bryan

greggsky

I just tried removing the thumbnails and re-uploading them through the features manager. Now it shows the most recently upload feature thumb for both of my features. www.roadmaptoapartheid.com/wp

bryan-hadaway

Wait, does that mean it's resolved or no... I may be reading that wrong? Thanks, Bryan

greggsky

NOT resolved. The same feature thumb image appears for each feature, even though two different ones have been assigned.

cmunns

Hey Gregg is this also ONLY happening to you on the posts page with feature slider active there?

willem_k

I think i have almost the same problem. I can supply a link customweddingcaketopper.ca. As you can see all the thumbs below the features are No.3. In the back-end however all the features have a different number. Direct link example to a number = number 2

greggsky
Hey Gregg is this also ONLY happening to you on the posts page with feature slider active there?
I don't have the feature slider on any other pages, so I'm not sure. I just created a feature page without posts and it works properly...so you seem to be on to something...tell me more!! Works here: http://roadmaptoapartheid.org/wp/feature-page/'>http://roadmaptoapartheid.org/wp/feature-page/ Not working: http://roadmaptoapartheid.org/wp

Andrew

ok, this will be fixed in 1.3.2... its an issue with the blog page handling. :)

scolasanti

1.3.2 appears to have fixed this issue for me. I am changing status to resolved unless people are still having issues with this. Thanks!