Sign in to follow this  
jingram

Sidebar Widgets without Header Title - Select Widgets Only

jingram

So I have been using firebug to try and figure this out, but will admit this is all new to me. The site in question is www.adventurekayaking.org Basically I am pretty happy with the headers of the sidebar widgets with the exception of the two where I am running Adsense ads. Ideally, I would like to remove the header section completely. As it is, I have ?  for the title since it messes with the html markup without it. In firebug I found the div ID and class <div class="ad-codes drag_drop_sidebar widget" id="ws_widget__ad_codes-15"> <h3 class="drawer-handle">nbsp,nbsp</h3> When I remove the unwanted nbsp(s) in firebug to test. I have a workable solution (although would still rather there be no header for that specific widget(s) but am not sure how or where to change it permenately. As is: current.png Ideal: ideal.png Will Suffice If Need Be: will-work.png

Simon

add `display:none` to the `drawer-handle` class

jingram

So I would do this under custom CSS right? If so, what would that code look like?

Simon

Try `.drawer-handle h3 {display:none}`

cmunns

More specific CSS required: `#accordion .drawer-handle, #drag_drop_sidebar h3 {display:none;}`

jingram

Unfortunately that takes away the headers for all of the widgets and not just the specific widgets in question. I'm trying to apply this to just those specific ad widgets.

bryan-hadaway

For empty headers you actually want to use: ` ` To specify a widget, using Firebug I can find the ID for the Kayak Sponsor: `#text-9` So use: `#text-9 .drawer-handle, #text-9 #drag_drop_sidebar h3{display:none}` Find the additional ID's you need with Firebug. Thanks, Bryan

jingram

Bryan, Yeah, I knew the proper syntax for nbsp, but everytime I posted it, the site kept removing it, lol. Anyway, that last piece of code did the trick. I knew how to identify the widget, I just didn't know what my code needed to look like to supress the header/title. Thanks a million, you guys are awesome!