Sign in to follow this  
style

Error on Network Admin on Multi-Site

style

Hello, I have pagelines base installed on a multi-site WP3.1 installation. When I go to the new network admin section I receive the following error: Fatal error: Call to undefined function add_contextual_help() in /var/www/wordpress/wp-admin/network.php on line 106 When I go to the default twenty ten theme I'm able to go to the section, but that's not a long term workable solution. Any help would be great. Thanks!

Andrew

Hmmm, haven't seen that one before... I'll take a look at some point and if its an issue with the framework we'll patch for you. Could be WP related however.

ricardo

Andrew, This just happen to me too, exact same error: Fatal error: Call to undefined function add_contextual_help() in /path/to/network.php on line 106 I'm using Base in the main blog. If I change to Pro, the error disappears. Changing back to Base brings it back. I'm using PlatformBase and Pro 1.4.0 Ricardo

patrick6000

Hi Andrew, Same problem for me on a fresh MU install. Once i activate pagelines theme i cannot access the network admin pages anymore Eric

cmunns

I've created a bug ticket for this to see if we can iron it out when using Base

pedromaia

I have the same problem here.

jmceachron

I have the same problem, but here is some more detail. I can activate platformpro (Dev version) in both my main and multisite. I can activate base in my multisite. When I try to activate "base" in the main site, I get the same error. I've tried to trace it down, but I'm stuck. Soo... appears to be isolated to the child theme in the main blog in multisite (at least in my circumstances). I'm running windows server 2008 and the latest version of Apache. Blessings, Jeff

Simon

I am unable to reproduce this. Do you have any plugins installed?

patrick6000

@Simon, In my case : - fresh MU install, - no plugin - platformpro not (sitewide) activated - PlatformBase activated -> network admin links to a blank page Eric

Simon

Seems both base and pro need to be network activated, then you can activate base on a site to site basis.

jg_cci

My apologies but I'm very new to WP and especially working with multiple sites. Simon - does your reply mean that you need to have more than one site set up before the Network Admin link doesn't generate the error? I'm seeing the same error, all plugins are currently disabled, and have only one site at this point. Thanks, John

Simon

No. What I mean is: When you install a theme in multisite, you first upload the theme, either with the installer or via FTP. Then you go to the network admin themes screen and network-activate the themes, this makes them available for use with the blogs. Then you log into the separate blogs and activate the themes again on a blog to blog basis, including the primary 1st blog. Hope that makes some sense of it.

jg_cci

Thanks for the clarification. That makes sense but it still doesn't seem to work for me. Both base and pro are network activated, I go to the main (& only) site, then activate base. Once I do this clicking on the Network Admin link generated the error. At this point I need to do some additional reading and playing. My guess is I'm missing something simple I should be doing. Unfortunately I'm on a deadline with some other projects right now so I'll have to come back to this. Thanks again for the clarification, I'm sure we'll get it sorted out once we have some time to devote to it. John

jg_cci

Great! _DIR_ takes care of the problem for me. Thank you very much. John