Sign in to follow this  
fridgefullofbeer

Add synchronization tags to platform pro - IDX Broker

fridgefullofbeer

I am trying to integrate IDX Broker to my wordpress blog that is using platform pro. It is telling me I need to use their synchronization tags to extract the header and footer from the blog to automatically integrate the blog design into the IDX pages. http://www.idxbroker.com/support/kb/questions/291/Add+Synchronization+Tags+to+a+Standard+WordPress+Theme Would i use a child theme for this? Where would I use the code, since it asks to put it in the main index template page. Thank you,

Guest Guest

Hmmm, I'm not sure if this is right but if I'm understanding the need to "wrap" this, then yeah you would want to add this code to the header.php and footer.php file. I would copy both into base, and then perhaps do the header code before the < /head > tag (not within the PHP tag though), and then in the footer perhaps before the < /body > tag? That's just my best guess though.

myuntangled

We've successfully integrated IDX Broker into Platform Pro using the Base theme functions.php file. Past the following and that should do the trick. (You also need the IDX Broker plugin installed or you'll get an error.) /** * Add IDX Broker Start and Stop tags for wrapping */ add_action('pagelines_before_theloop', 'idxbroker_start'); function idxbroker_start() { echo idx_start(); } add_action('pagelines_after_theloop', 'idxbroker_stop'); function idxbroker_stop() { echo idx_stop(); }