Sign in to follow this  
jingram

sidebar footer padding

jingram

How do I remove extra padding from the footer of the widgets in my sidebar? It seems like everyone one of them has a bit of extra space like so... pagelines-footer-example.png I tried #sidebar .widget {padding: -10px;} under custom css, but nothing seemed to change. Any help you all can provide would be appreciated! .

bevj

a link is always helpful, But other times when I have seen a situation like this an html tag has been left open inside the widget. hopefully this helps, bev

jingram

sorry about that... www.adventurekayaking.org

Kate

Hi Jack - Unlike margins, padding can't have a negative value. Instead, we want to set it to 0. Using Firebug, you should be able to pick out elements you want to target. In this case, we're looking to target the divs with the class of "drawer-content". So, we would use this:

.drawer-content{padding-bottom:0px !important;}

Sometimes it's necessary to add the "!important" declaration to styles to make sure they take precedence over other styles currently in place.

jingram

Kate, thanks a million for your help! I guess that leads me to my next question. If I wanted to adjust the padding on the bottom for individual widgets instead of globally, is this doable?

Guest Guest

Jack, Unless those widgets are from third party plugins and you can go edit the plugin CSS I don't really see a way to adjust the padding on individual widgets.

cmunns

Yes each widget has a unique class that can be used in conjunction, but I think globally it's looking pretty good right now:)

jingram

I was just trying to tighten up the footers of the two ads a hair more.

bryan-hadaway

Hey Jack, Apply the ID's to the code above to be specific to a widget like I showed you in the other topic. Thanks, Bryan