Sign in to follow this  
style

1.3 3.1 - Drop Down Main Nav Menu very wide

style

Hello, I just upgraded to WP3.1 and PlatformPro 1.3, now the width of the drop down menus is extremely wide. Any thoughts?

Andrew

Just save you settings, it should regenerate CSS and fix it.

style

Hmm, it works fine when I use PlatformPro, but when I switch to the base it doesn't work. Do I need to update base? My base is on version 1.0.1 and platformpro is 1.3.1

Andrew

Depends on what you've added as CSS in Base. Have a live link?

makeylon

I'm having the same problem, but along with the wide dropdowns, it also seems to be "flashing" like the menu is cutting in and out. Its very strange (yes, just upgraded to 1.3, and installed the new base theme as well) Project M Stock Trading Any help would be appreciated...

Andrew

Hey Mark, Could this be related to your customizations? We rewrote and optimized some of the CSS code for Nav, so it may be interfering.

makeylon

It is possible, I suppose, but not knowing what you may have changed, I have no idea how to fix it. But it seems others are having issues with the wide part too? The only optimizations I've really done are to add a gradient background color to the menu features, changed the font colors, and played with rounding corners a bit. (okay, I know it sounds like a lot, but it really isn't... lol.) Maybe point me in the right direction on fixing the css issues I might be having?

Andrew

Well first, try commenting out your code, until you isolate what rules might be creating issues.. Then work from there.

makeylon

Okay, I deleted all the main nav menu customizing I added. It is now default. It is doing the exact same thing. (But my nav DID look kinda cool, didn't it?)

Guest Guest

Can you post your base.css file? Just want to see if there may be something that might have been left that is conflicting.

Andrew

Hey Mark, Solved this one, it is because you are using the default pages in WP instead of the WP menus. Anyways, we've patched to fix 1.3.0.2

makeylon

Thanks Andrew, I appreciate it. Is there something wrong with using default pages instead of custom menus? lol.

style

I just installed the update to 1.3.2 and it worked :) Thanks!

mosley301

Where can I download this patch or how can I fix this one my site? I dont understand when you said "default pages in WP instead of the WP menus"