Sign in to follow this  
renderinnovations

Moving a whole section

renderinnovations

Hi! I'm trying to move the whole features slider section so that it lays overtop of the text area. I'd like to have text beside the features slider. Is there a way to do this? Thanks, Adam B

kastelic

This might take a lot of CSS. Are we talking about the site under your name or a different site?

renderinnovations

The site is under my name. However I'm changing it to a new server because we are hosting sites now. And we decided to reo and revamp our website. And what I have in mind, it would be nice to have the features slider to the right of some text which I created mouse rollover graphics for the text placement. http://174.120.172.162/~renderin/ That link is the real site under development, and i'm trying to layout the rollover text beside the featured slider and make it so that the featured slider is a bit smaller.

Guest Guest

Yeah I'm going to agree with Jimmy in that this is going to be something that will require custom CSS and probably customizing one of the page templates. You may want to start looking at the feature classes in the CSS, as well as the section.features.php file. What kind of text are you wanting to display next to the feature slider?

renderinnovations

It's just for the home page... I'm creating a table in word press to enable me to have 5 words laid out on top of each other and they are going to have a rollover and on the right side would be the features... The words are on the site right now. I don't have to do this I suppose... It's a bad habit, when I think of something I hate giving up and am stubborn and will sit and try to figure it out. So I could figure something else out. Would someone mind giving me a head start help on where to go or what to tweak to start on this? I'm interested in learning how to tweak the themes in more depth. Is this really complicated?

renderinnovations

I think i'm just going to have to do an alternative design. Would love some tips to do the other though :) You can see what i'm up to: http://174.120.172.162/~renderin/

Guest Guest

That looks pretty slick so far, very nice! If you provide a visual mockup of what you're wanting to accomplish, perhaps we could help point you in the right direction.