Sign in to follow this  
aycagd

Problems encountered switching from another theme...

aycagd

Could you please help me to have features ONLY on my home page with the latest posts below? I can not change the layout either, even if i chose the default layout as 2 sidebars on each sides,(i could not change it either by creating a static page as home page and selecting 2 sidebars form the page), i always have 2 sidebars on right whatever i do. It is the same case on the categories etc... I could only change the single post page layout.... Normally i use on my site Lifestyle theme from Studiopress, and when i switch, i have a bunch of problems... Is there an easy way to switch from another theme and have the thumbnails working ,for exemple, or do i need to adapt post by post to your theme? Because it seems very hard and time consuming to do the latter... Thanks for your help.

catrina

Go to Theme Options > Template Setup and select Posts Pages from the dropdown list, make sure that only PageLines Features and Content Area are enabled (in the box on the left). If they're not, drag them from the right box. If you used the feature thumbnail capability in the posts, you shouldn't have to adapt post by post to PlatformPro.

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

aycagd

When i do it that way, i have features in the categories pages, and i don't want that. I only want the features section on the home page. Is there a way to control category pages, and remove features section? I used custom fields to display thumbnails (thumb) in the other theme i used, is there a way to convert those thumbs in platform pro without having to redefine thumbs for every post, because there is a lot of post in my blog....

aycagd

When i do it that way, i have features in the categories pages, and i don't want that. I only want the features section on the home page. Is there a way to control category pages, and remove features section? I used custom fields to display thumbnails (thumb) in the other theme i used, is there a way to convert those thumbs in platform pro without having to redefine thumbs for every post, because there is a lot of post in my blog....

cmunns

This is the sort of meta options handling that we'll be improving in the coming months. For now you could do so with CSS although it's not ideal. Place this in your custom css option area OR in the base.css file in PlatformBase if you have it activated. ` #feature {display:none;} .home #feature {display:block;} `

aycagd

Thank you for your reply, i have PlatformProBase activated, do i just place the code in the custom CSS are in the CSS rules box? (What do you mean exactly by "it's not ideal"??) For the thumbnail problem, do you have any suggestions? Since i used the custom field thumb in my actual theme, do i need to change it post by post, or is there a easier way? I use nextgen gallery for almost all my post and have a thumbnail assigned to each post with a thumb custom field. I tried many plugins to solve the problem,neither of them worked so far... Because of the thumbnail issue, i could not switch to platform pro since i bought it.And I really want to activate PlatformPro as soon as possible... Thank you in advance for your suggestions

aycagd

I tried to switch between themes, but it has nothing to do with it. I couldn't find any other suggestion in the link you provided??? Is there a solution or should i continue with my former theme, and regret buying PlatformPro?? Thanks

Kate

Hi Ayca - That code that @cmunns offered could be placed in either your base.css file, or in "Settings->Custom Code->Custom CSS". For the thumbs: I actually did this for a client recently on their site. Like you, they were using custom fields before. Basically, this is what I did in a nutshell: - Copy template.postloop.php into your base directory - Find where the "thumbnail" is called. - Add a PHP if statement to check if your custom field value exists for the image. If it does, display that, if it doesn't, check for the thumbnail. Hope that makes sense. Let us know if you need anything else.