Sign in to follow this  
studentkrubb

Changing sizes of thumbnails (excerpts)?

studentkrubb

Hi! Is there a way to change the size of a thumbnail on a post excerpt? Thanks!

eborg9

I did a hack of the theme.css file and changed these lines to reflect a thumbnail size of 100x100:

.clip .clip-thumb a{
	                                      height:100px;
	                                      width:100px;
				float:left;
				margin-right: 20px;
	                                       margin-bottom:10px;
			}

.clip .clip-thumb img {
				padding: 4px;
				display:block;
				margin:0 0 0.4em;

studentkrubb

That is excellent! How and where do I access the theme.css file? Thanks!

catrina

The theme.css file is located in your theme files folder. If you're using the child theme for PlatformPro, you can paste the CSS into the base.css file (Appearance > Editor).

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

studentkrubb

Hi again, When doing some IE-checkup on my page I noted the thumbs are looking like this: iethumbs.png Live link: http://nysida.studentkrubb.se/kategori/vegetariskt/ I'm using following lines:

.clip .clip-thumb a{
	float:left;
	margin-right: 20px;
	margin-bottom:10px;
	}

.clip .clip-thumb img {
	padding: 4px;
	display:block;
	margin:0 0 0.4em;

Do they need to be additionally configured for IE, or do anyone have a solution? Thanks in advance!

Kate

Hi Joakim - Are you using the newest version of PlatformPro?

studentkrubb

Hello Kate, Yes I am! :-)

studentkrubb

Internet Explorer 8

Kate

Hey Joakim - Just took a look... That CSS you're using, I believe, is pointing to the wrong element. The parent container of the thumbs is "post-thumb".

studentkrubb

I'll try it and get back to you. Thank you Kate!

juliaper

Hello guys, I've used the first CSS solution of this thread and I got the thumbnails bigger as I wanted, but they get completely distorted. The defined size for my thumbnails in the NextGen Gallery is already 150x113 px and the thumbnails have already been recreated for that. What can I do to get the thumbs in showing without distortion? Here is the link. Thanks a lot, Julia

timlinson

I'm not sure you need css here. Try removing the css and going to Settings > Media > Image Size. Increase the "Thumbnail Size" dimensions to 150x113. That should expand the thumbnail area natively.

juliaper

Hi Tim, Thanks for answering, but this solution doesn't work. My Settings > Media > Image Size are already set for a bigger size. But if I let it without the CSS code I found here in this thread, the image size of the thumbs on the Categories pages are 40x40px. The code I used is below, but still it is distorting the images. Does anyone know a solution please? My link. Thanks!!! .clip .clip-thumb a{ height:100px; width:100px; float:left; margin-right: 20px; margin-bottom:10px; } .clip .clip-thumb img { height:100px; width:100px; padding: 4px; display:block; margin:0 0 0.4em; }

Kate

Hi Julia, What's the size of your image when you upload it (before you put it into WP)? Also, what are your media thumbnail sizes set at? Currently, this is an example URL for an image: 63__40x40_ecohouse.jpg As you can see, it's calling the 40px by 40px image. So, trying to make it larger will only distort it.

juliaper

Hi Kate, thank you so much for your attention. Your answer showed to me that the images for the thumbs in the category pages were being called from this file /wp-content/gallery/cache/ . This file was being created automatically by the plugin nextgen. I disabled this function of creating the cache file, to see if then the Platform theme would call the image from the original file which is this: http://winterconsultoria.com.br/wp-content/gallery/logos/thumbs/thumbs_ecohouse.jpg?424831104 But instead it created another address, making things even worse because it cuts the image. New address created: http://winterconsultoria.com.br/index.php?callback=image&pid=63&width=40&height=40&mode=crop So my question is: where is the theme calling the featured image from to use in the categories pages and how can I make it choose the right file? Thanks again!!! Julia

juliaper

Is this the case of starting a new thread? I continued the same because people might be following the steps given and having the same issues as I. Julia

catrina

This sounds like it would require a new thread (so that people won't have to read through every post above to check and make sure they're following the right topic). Did you remove any of the thumbnail CSS you applied already?

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

marcelotavares

Hi, I want to change the size of thumbnails also and I'm using Plataform Pro 1.3.1. Where do I have to insert the code? Thank you, Marcelo