Sign in to follow this  
hedegard

Favicon setting not working...am I missing something?

hedegard

I am using WhiteHousePro theme for my blog. In Appearance --> WhiteHousePro Options --> Custom Images --> Favicon Image --> Full Image URL, I have http://www.[mydomain].com/images/favicon.ico. The "Current image:" has the right image displayed, but it does not appear in my browser as expected. Instead, I have the default IE favicon. Any thoughts on how I can get my custom favicon to display?

justme

I don't use that theme and hopefully someone else may be of more help but I'll throw out a couple of things. Did you clear your cache? Have you tried different browsers - any difference?

hedegard

I did clear my cache. The correct, custom favicon does show in my BlackBerry browser. Still no luck on Internet Explorer.

justme

Have you tried putting the favicon.ico in the site root folder? If you haven't done a search on this problem I would recommend it. I just googled it and the IE issue seems to be common with a number of solutions offered. For instance, how the image was created might affect it. Even though it has an ico file name, it may not have been created properly. Also, apparently you might need to not only clear the browser cache but the history as well. Just a couple of examples.

hedegard

Yes, I have tried putting the favicon.ico in the site root folder. Thanks, I did do a Google search and tried some of the remedies offered there, including the few you suggested. I guess I will try to generate the file a few different ways to see if that works. Again, thanks for the suggestions.

jnoh

I agree with justme. it may be a problem with the ico format.

hedegard

Y'all were right. I guess I shouldn't have stopped after a few tries. I generated the favicon with a couple of other tools, and I got one that finally worked. Thanks for encouraging me to try it again...and again.

justme

Hey, glad you got it worked out. Sometimes we just need to keep at it - been there done that. :) Thanks for letting us know.

russellprisco

Hey, I know the OP got it worked out, but if anyone else is having a challenge with this, check this out.

bryan-hadaway

Thanks everyone for helping out the community. Thanks, Bryan