Sign in to follow this  
strength

Modifying the Header and Adding HTML to Main Pages

strength

I am really new to this so need options which just require custom CC if possible to do this! I would like to align my brand logo and navigation bar so that they align in the same way as the Pagelines one does on this forum with the logo on the left and the navigation bar to the right. I have drop down on my navigation though so need to make sure that it does not drop down too much over the content that will show below. I don't need the social media icons as have displayed these elsewhere. I am coming from using Iweb which was idiot proof for me! In Iweb there is an option to add in HTML content easily - I can see that this can be done in the widgets area for the sidebars and footers etc but can it be added into the main page too and how? In Iweb you literally just drag the box where you want it and type in. Finally(I am new to this so it may be a dumb question!). How is the content area for the page changed. At the moment I have no content uploaded but for example if I upload 10 posts on one page does the page automatically expand to fit these or do I have to do something extra? Thanks in advance Rachel

areafivesixonehotmailcom
Finally(I am new to this so it may be a dumb question!). How is the content area for the page changed. At the moment I have no content uploaded but for example if I upload 10 posts on one page does the page automatically expand to fit these or do I have to do something extra?
Do you mean how many individual 'posts' will show on the blog page itself? If so - worpdress dashboard>left column>Settings>Reading> and look for 'Blog pages to show at most' that will alter how many posts per blog page.

kastelic

As far as positioning, there is a custom CSS area in the 'custom code' section that allows you to place any CSS you want. Here's a link if you need it: http://www.w3schools.com/css/ To add custom html code just make a new 'page' and you'll see a toggle to switch from visual mode to html mode.

strength

Thanks I managed to figure out the HTML code input - I was dumb it was easy to find once I saw it! Re the CSS I will take a look at the link I just wondered if anyone already had the code I would need figured out.

lesb

Help, All I simply want to do is put a box on one of my pages containing HTML that someone can copy and paste to their site (it is actually the HTML of a banner for my site. Can't be that difficult but I have wasted hours!