Sign in to follow this  
jgw52

I lost child theme files after updating to WP 3.1

jgw52

Greetings I updated to Wordpress 3.1. Now, when I choose Appearance>editor (with the base theme active), I only have access to the child theme css and I'm told to make changes to the platformpro files. The specific message is "This child theme inherits templates from a parent theme, PlatformPro" I thought the point of the child theme was to avoid changes to the parent files. Any help appreciated. Thanks

jgw52

Hi Catrina, I did a manual upgrade so my themes folder didn't change. (I backed up my custom code css though and that's where all my modifications were.) I haven't lost any data, just the option to change child theme files and not parent files. Thanks

kastelic

It may help to deactivate the theme (switch to twenty-ten or something), then do the manual upgrade and activate.

hajir

You didn't lose them, Wordpress added a new stupid function on top corner of editor. Which pretty much messed up platform pro for everyone, we looking forward to the 1.3 update. Your files are still there just will not eb visible unless you click on the drag menu on top and click platform pro or something like that to have them show again.

jgw52

Aha! Thanks, Hajir. I guess they had their reasons for making the change but I can't imagine what they are. Thanks again.

Guest Guest

John, PlatformPro 1.3 is now out, try upgrading and see if this fixes your issue.

jgw52

Actually it did, pretty much. It now tells me I'm working on platformbase and not pro. There is no longer the long list of php files but I don't intend to play with those much anyway. Ta very much for the tip.