Sign in to follow this  
zach110

Change feed under The Latest

zach110

Hi, I have two related sites using platform pro. A main site, and a blog. At the footer of the main site it has a box which says "The Latest". This shows the most recent post from my site. However, I am not adding new content to the main site, but I am adding new content to the blog. How can I have the content from my blog show up under "The Latest" on my main site. Here are the urls Main site http://creditrepairnow.net/ blog http://blog.creditrepairnow.net/ Thanks!

zach110

Thanks for the advice. I tried putting that code everywhere: sidebar, footer and page template, but it didn't work. Any other ideas. Wouldn't this be a modification of the pagelines theme?

zach110

Thanks for the link! I checked out the Hooks video, but I still can't figure out how to make this change on my site... I have never used hooks before, so I am a total newb. Any further advice? Thanks

Kate

Hey Zachary, To make things easier, since you want to use that in the footer, you could use a plugin like PHP-Exec. Then, just copy and paste the code from step 7 into one of the PHP widgets, replacing the URL to your blog's URL. Make sense?

zach110

Hi Kate, Thanks for your reply! Unfortunately I am still confused... I installed the "Exec-PHP" plugin, but thats as far as I got... What step 7 are you referring to? What PHP widget are you referring to? Sorry for the confusion on my end. Thanks for your help!

catrina

I'm not sure what Kate is referring to when she is talking about step 7, but I think it has to do with the plugin's documentation. Perhaps the documentation/read me that comes with the plugin. If you go to the plugin's settings and look at the top of the page, do you see this?:

Exec-PHP executes <?php ?> code in your posts, pages and text widgets. See the local documentation for further information. The latest version of the plugin, documentation and information can be found on the official plugin homepage.
Look under local documentation.

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

zach110

Hi Catrina, Thanks for the advice. Yes, that was one of the first things I checked... Unfortunately I still can't figure out what to do. Do you think it is simply a matter of pasting in a correct php code? Should I look elsewhere? Other ideas? Thanks for the help!

kgstew

Hi Zachary, Both your main site and your blog site both are already displaying the proper posts for your latests posts. You basically have two different blogs running right now. One is through your main site and one is through your blog site. I would recommend creating a blog page on your main site and using this to do you blog posts. This would make the URL something like creditrepairnow.net/blog and then your posts will appear on your homepage under 'The Latest' in the footer section. If you would like to maintain the site as you currently have it configured you will need to use your own widgets in the footer sidebar. The footer column displays are a widget by default and you can add your own widgets to change their functions. You will need to use PHP short codes to get your desired behavior and display posts from the proper blog. If you would like to go this route I would suggest looking into hiring a PageLines pro to help with the custom PHP code if you are not comfortable with doing the code yourself. Cheers, -Kyle