Sign in to follow this  
jmellicker

Plugin Conflict?! - WP Answers

jmellicker

Hey there. I purchased and installed a plugin (WP Answers : http://wordpress.phpanswer.com/wp-answers/) and I am having some issues with it, in that every question or answer posted, posts twice. I contacted the plugin's developer who asked me to try it with the default theme, and it worked fine. He suggested it is something with the theme that is causing this. Is there anything you could do to help me work through this issue? The site is located at: http://hdslrgenius.com/qanda/

cmunns

of course they blame us haha...coming from a plugin that uses tables to format html why am i not surprised...on that fact alone I would probably try another Q&A plugin like Are you using a shortcode to implement it?

jmellicker

thanks for the reply Adam. No short code, just activated the plugin which works by sending all the Q and A's to a specific page. It looked like you were going to suggest another plugin, but it just says "try another Q&A plugin like...." Do you have another suggestion for something that will give us the Yahoo Answers/Quora kind of vibe. We will probably end up just getting a refund for the plugin, as when i wrote him, I told him we're much more likely to keep our theme, then use his plugin. Thanks for the help!!!!

jmellicker

thanks Jimmy, it looks like there site is actually using a custom build for their ask a question section. The other plugin that someone listed in a response, is the one I am having trouble with.