Sign in to follow this  
argrove

Background colour needed for one page - Layout = left nav, page, right nav

argrove

Hi All, I have a similar situation to Scott, the difference being I need to put a backgound image (really just the blue background colour used in Platform Pro) behind my opening text on my home page. I want to have the opening text the same as on my old site. I want to have a grey background colour (used in Platform Pro i.e. default colour) behind the following text (found at www.argroveconstruction.com, the new site): "Argrove is one of London??™s ...........on design-build and build-only contracts." It is a simialar effect to what is found on the old site found at http://www.argrovebuilders.co.uk Please help!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank you James .

Guest Guest

Hmmm, perhaps you could clarify this for me. Are you wanting the whole text box to be blue, but just that first opening paragraph be the grey?

argrove

Dear Tyler, I wanted the first opening paragraph only on the Home page to be grey. Sorry, there are no blues, I'm colour blind! James

argrove

The opening paragraph of www.argroveconstruction.com now reads: "llllllllllll lllllllllllllllllllllll llllllllllllllllllll llllllllllllllll llllllllllll llllllllllllll llllllllllllllllllll lllllllllllllllllllll" Thank you James

cmunns

You would use the first-child selector ` .entry_content p:first-child { background:#DDD; padding:10px; } `

argrove

Dear Adam, Sorry, I was always a crap coder! Where do I put this code? Kr, James

argrove

If I put it in base.css it is applied to all pages. I only want it on the Home page. Could you help me please? Also, what is the colour used on the top navigation under the feature slider at www.argroveconstruction.com? Kr, James

argrove

i.e. The background colour when the mouse passes over 'EXTENSIONS', 'LOFT CONVERSIONS', etc

Kate

Hey James - If you use the ".home" class to preface your styles it should only be applied to the home page.

argrove
Dear All, www.argrove.co.uk got hacked last week. It has now been fixed but the background colour for the opening paragraph on the home page is now not showing and I don't know why. As you can see from above, I have already asked the way to create a backgound colour for the opening paragraph on the home page and 'cmunns' and 'Kate' supplied the answer as follows: /* The code directly below sets backgound colour to opening paragraph on home page */ .home p:first-child { background:#F1F1F1; padding:10px; } The above code has been written to base.css (perhaps back in March 2011) and all was working fine. However, since the hack I restored the site and the same code is still in place in base.css, however there isn't a background colour showing on the opening paragraph of the home page (Building Contractors page). Please help..... Thank you, Kind regards, James

catrina
Are you referring to the paragraph that starts with, "Argrove is one of London and the UK??™s most prestigious building contractors managing high-end projects predominantly within the domestic market..."?

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

argrove
Dear Catrina, Yes. It starts with "Argrove is one of London and the UK...." and ends with ".........West End and other central London locations such as Kensington and Chelsea, Belgravia, St. James??™s and Mayfair." Kind regards, James

argrove
Dear Catrina, The issue I was having has now been resolved. I deleted code from base.css and added it to custom css part in Platform Pro and it works. Kind regards, James Argrove