Sign in to follow this  
gayatriom

Help with S2member/Buddypress/Platform PRO

gayatriom

hey. So i'm using Platform pro with S2member and buddypress. I'd like to make it so that logged out users get one homepage and logged in users get another homepage. S2 member says you can make a page your 'homepage' by using the'static front page' feature in wordpress and then using php conditionals you can input separate content for logged in users and logged out users. However my client wants to use the 'feature template' as the default for logged out users and there is another 'widgetized homepage' for logged in users. Does anyone have any ideas how i can do this in platform pro? help! haha.

cmunns

Yeah. Basically you can edit the section.features.php file. At the beginning of the section_template function you would add a conditional so that it only shows when logged in. `<?php if ( is_user_logged_in() ) { SECTION TEMPLATE GOES INSIDE HERE } ?>` That would be step one.

gayatriom

Hey. Wait. but I want the widgetized homepage to show if logged in. I want the feature template to show if logged out.

Andrew

An alternative solution would be to use a plugin to handle redirection .. I'm not sure editing the theme is the right way to handle this.. as its really about 'information flow and function' the role of WP and plugins.

gayatriom

hmm. i think s2 member is meant to redirect. but the issue is that I need a separate homepage for logged in users and one logged out users. Do you have another plugin in mind that might work with s2member?

gayatriom

Hey Thanks Bryan! I'll try it out and let you know!

gayatriom

Hey Thanks Bryan! I'll try it out and let you know!