Sign in to follow this  
zmktwzrd

Deep Integration Driving Me Nuts!!!

zmktwzrd

I am a fairly proficient computer type; in fact I am actually a programmer. But somehow I am having a mental block when it comes to deep integration for bbpress. Maybe it??™s just me, but the documentation seems lacking at best. A few questions??¦ 1. Should bbpress be installed in the same directory as WordPress, or in a subdomain? 2. I used a fantastico type of installer for bbpress (actually Host Gators quick install) and the installation went fine, however, I have no idea what the settings should be for the deep integration. Nowhere have I seen anything written that tells me in clear cut, simple to follow instructions how to configure the settings! 3. I have no idea how to include the wp-load.php??™ file from your WP install inside of ???bb-config.php I know somebody is going to write back and tell me "oh they tell you how to do that at so and so". But I am not getting it! I would gladly pay someone to set this up for me. The idea of pagelines for me was user friendly minimal effort needed to set it up. I need the "dummies" version, steps a-z of how to do this! I am talking from the VERY beginning IE "go into your admin panel for bbpress and in the deep integration settings here is exactly what you want to select". "If you are unsure what to select then here is exactly who you want to talk to in order to get the answer". Can you please help, or offer paid professional assistance in setting this up for me? I'm sure if I racked my brain long enough I could figure this out, but I just don??™t seem to have the time or patience to do this myself right now, and I??™m getting ready to throw a new computer out the window! Thank you

winprogger

Dean, I just went though it and I can tell you it is not easy. This video helped a lot. Please go through all of what pagelines has at that link sent by Andrew and plan on spending some time learning about bbpress a bit at bbpress.org, their forums, and google. You may have to attempt couple of installs before things will start working. Good luck !

zmktwzrd

I have followed the instructions to the T, and am getting the following error! Deep Integration With WordPress Required It appears your WordPress installation isn't deeply integrated which is required for Platform Forum to work correctly (it needs access to WP functions). More info: Your WordPress install needs to be loaded on your forum pages, so we can use WP's functions. This is done by "including" (with a line of code) the wp-load.php file from WordPress. For help, please see bbPress.org, the info here deep integration with WordPress and contact your host for the path to include your WP install. I HAVE DONE WHAT YOU SAID TO DO!!! WHY AM I GETTING THIS ERROR!!

Andrew

Looks like you have the wrong path to the file. Ask your host, help me load the 'wp-load.php' file. They will help you with the path. (every server is different)

bda4

Andrew, Took your advice and I requested a direct path from my host to assist me with the deep integration. Thought I was off to the races but my forum is a blank white page... :( The direct path is: /home/freshbobby/fresh4muse.com/wp-load.php I entered into last line of bb-config.php: require_once('/home/freshbobby/fresh4muse.com/wp-load.php'); Like I said above, the result is a blank page for forum. I can log into my wordpress site, although i've lost my underconstruction plugin... Thought I was gonna nail the full integration by tracking down my full filesystem path but I must be missing something...any ideas? Kind Regards. ps. I'm a bit of a newbie so all help is appreciated :)

richardjmoon

Dean et al, I believe I have some tips that resolve these problems. First, I notice that you used the HostGator QuickInstall. I made that same mistake but finally figured out that when you do your own install the bbPress installer does a really nice job of prompting you through what is needed to complete the simple integration with WordPress. In other words, I manually uploaded and unzipped the bbPress zip file into a directory below my Wordpress directory called 'forums'. Then you point your browser at http://www.example.com/forums, and the bbInstaller prompts you through the install. This takes a lot of the pain out of achieving the simple integration. Regarding deep integration and getting a blank white page. I looked in the bbPress "error.log" file (in my forums sub-directory) and noticed the following error: PHP Fatal error: Call to a member function get() on a non-object in /home/user1/public_html/wp-includes/cache.php The word "cache" clued me in. I went over to my Wordpress Dashboard and disabled the "WP Super Cache" plugin. Logged out. When I logged back in to WordPress and navigated to bbPress, it came up. I didn't get the blank white page. By the way, if the path to the wp-load.php file is wrong, I get a different errors show up in the bbPress error.log: Warning: require_once(/home/user1/public_html/forums/../xwp-load.php) [function.require-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/user1/public_html/forums/bb-config.php on line 15 Fatal error: require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required '/home/user1/public_html/forums/../xwp-load.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/user1/public_html/forums/bb-config.php on line 15 Hope this is helpful to others. Richard

richardjmoon

I found a couple of other posts via Google that lead me to a resolution ... allowing deep integration to work in combination with WP Super Cache. You need to exclude bbPress from being processed by WP Super Cache. This can be done through a configuration setting within WP Super Cache. > WordPress Dashboard > Settings > WP Super Cache > Advanced tab > Scroll down to "Accepted Filenames & Rejected URI's" > Add here strings (not a filename) ... I found the following entries in that text box: wp-.*.php index.php I added: /forums/ (My bbPress application is installed under my WordPress directory in the /forums sub-directory). Now all URL's that include the string "/forums/" are ignored in terms of caching. Richard

timlinson

Good stuff Richard, thanks for posting. +2