Sign in to follow this  
wbtittle

WP 3.1 Issue: dynamic.css not updating

wbtittle

Hi, I updated my site 3.1 and now when I make updates to the dynamic.css (through Design Control and Custom Code). I checked the Permissions, they are set to 666. It says it saves, but the file doesn't get updated. For the time being I can get by manually. (I can handle updating the file manually, I can't let others do it... ) There are no errors in error_log.

hajir

Oh so thats why I have had so much trouble changing colors, fonts and backgrounds ... I have same issue.

Sourena

Change the permission of

dynamic.css

to 777. That file need to be writable so it can save the changes you try to save. What FTP client do you use?

alefba.us

Web Development & Design for Right-to-Left languages

Andrew

was everything working for you guys before you updated? It is working fine on our local test server, so we need to duplicate the issue. I should say we've already added an option to disable AJAX saving as a quick fix to issues like this one.

greggsky

My setting were updating fine prior to the Wordpress 3.1 upgrade. I've changed the permissions of dynamic.css to 777 (from 666), but no luck there. I'm not sure the AJAX saving is the problem as the settings appear to be updating on the backend, just not on the front end, i.e. if I logout and log back in the Design Control settings reflect the changes in the admin, but again, not on the front end.

wbtittle

I tried changing Perms to 777 but that still doesn't work. more information for you. 1. The data is saving locally, it is just dynamic.css that is not being written. If I come back to the settings page the changes are still there. -- Further research shows that the pagelines-setting row in wp_options is being updated. 2. I attempted making the css folder 777 also, that didn't help.

wbtittle

One more piece of information that may be relevant. I copied this site from my other site. The process I used was as follows. 1. Downloaded entire website. 2. Uploaded site. 3. Changed the wp-config file to reflect the new database information. 4. Dumped the wp mysql info from old site and put in new database. 5. Found all references to old site and change them to new site. I might have missed something in step 5, but everything was working before I upgraded to 3.1 so I wasn't overly worried.

Andrew

This is most likely a change the WP made to their AJAX API; or file permissions. We've changed two things in 1.3 that should fix it. 1. Moved Dynamic.css to the uploads directory 2. Created an option to disable AJAX saving if you're having issues. The problem is that everything is saving correctly; the static CSS file isn't being generated from your settings. As a temporary work around or if you want to test this, visit your settings page with: `?updated=true` at the end of the url.. It should regenerate your CSS file.

scottbruzek

Same issue here. When can we expect to see 1.3 become available, and have a fix to this issue?

wbtittle

Thanks Andrew -- wp-admin/options-general.php?updated=true updated the file... That is a lot easier than manually trying to tweak that file while changing them in pagelines...

Michael Giesen

Yes, I am also having the same issue. Everything else seems to be working just fine, but any changes made in the 'Design Control' tab results in no change.

cmunns

Michael did you get the update and/or try other suggestions here?

orangeleaf
Where has the option "enable inline css" option gone in v2.15? It seems now to be set always to show css inline, resulting in tons of undesirable css in the header. NB. Our current development site is entirely 777'd, yet no dynamic.css is forthcoming... Help please. [Have also tried the "updated=true" suggestion, to no avail]

Simon
This year old thread is for PlatformPro. PageLines Framework does not use a dynamic.css file as there were too many issues with cheap hosting and file permissions. Please in future start a new thread in the relevant category, im sure the original poster of this thread was chuffed to get an email saying there was a new reply ;)