Sign in to follow this  
hajir

My nav menu won't change color ... (CSS code included)

hajir

Hello, Here is all the code I have in custom CSS. body #page{ background: -webkit-gradient( linear, left top, left bottom, from(rgba(175,215,255,1)), to(rgba(237,245,255,1))); } body #column-main{background:#ffffff;} body #column-main .mcolumn-pad {border: 4px solid #bcdeff;} body #nav_row{background:#0280c0} body .post-nav{display:none} body .one-sidebar-right #pagelines_content #sidebar-wrap, body .one-sidebar-right #buddypress-page #sidebar-wrap {width: 300px;} body .one-sidebar-right #pagelines_content #sidebar1, body .one-sidebar-right #buddypress-page #sidebar1 {width: 300px;} body .main_nav .main-nav li a:hover {background:transparent;} body #pagelines_content {margin-top:15px;} body #menu-nav li.current_page_item a{background:transparent;color:#3eacdd;} body #nav_row{border-bottom:none !important;} body .post-footer{display:none} body #nav_row{ background: #0280c0; border-bottom-left-radius: 15px 15px; border-bottom-right-radius: 15px 15px; border-top-left-radius: 15px 15px; border-top-right-radius: 15px 15px; } body #column-main .mcolumn-pad{ background-color: white; border-bottom-left-radius: 15px 15px; border-bottom-right-radius: 15px 15px; border-top-left-radius: 15px 15px; border-top-right-radius: 15px 15px; } body #column-main{ background-color: white; border-bottom-left-radius: 15px 15px; border-bottom-right-radius: 15px 15px; border-top-left-radius: 15px 15px; border-top-right-radius: 15px 15px; } and my website is : www.dialucrii.ca/wordpress/ Please tell my why my nav bar will not change its color to the shade of blue (#0280c0) I have selected. Why does it stay white ? Any help would be appreciated. P.S: I know my codes are a mess, if you can help me clean it up I appreciate it.

hajir

On a side note, I wish to have a glossy looking blue nav bar, is that possible to obtain with very very basic CSS coding skills ? If so, please guide me in the right direction.

hajir

Okay I have been told this is because of the 3.1 wordpress update and there is nothing wrong with my code ... is this correct ? Please confirm.

Andrew

Hajir, can you make this more concise? There doesn't appear to be any code directed at the menu in that CSS

hajir

I was under the impression the code #nav_row was related to the navigation bar. That is how I managed to give it round corners .... If that is not the code, how can I change the nav bar color from white to blue ...

MrFent

Change background: #0280c0; to background-color: #0280c0;

MrFent

You can also clean up your radius on each div to simply: border-radius: 15px; and to make the border radius work on all different browsers, also add -webkit-border-radius: 15px; -moz-border-radius: 15px; -khtml-border-radius: 15px; to each div

hajir

Okay I had tried that previously chris, and tried it again with your code, yeah it still doesn't change. So I am going guess that the code doesn't get updated to the server, and issue that rose up with the new wordpress update, 3.1. Looking forward to platform 1.3 to fix these issues.

cmunns

Try a more specific hierarchy `body #primary-nav #nav_row{}` background and background-color would both work as background is shorthand and interprets it the same.

hajir

Yeah its the 3.1 update that messed it up and the code doesn't get applied. Because I just erased all my custom CSS code, and the website still looks like before. It hasn't changed. I hope the devs are working on this as we speak.

cmunns

uggg. don't worry about those errors the validator doesn't yet validate CSS3 rules. let's just wait for the update

ricardo

Hajir, One question: are you using any kind of caching system, either a plugin or at server level? Because that's the only thing I can think of that would explain seeing no changes in the site. In order to properly evaluate if the problems you are facing are related to PlatformPro, I would suggest 2 small tests: - Go to PlatformPro Settings > Template Setup and add "PageLines Features" to the Site Header for example. Click Save Options button and check any page on the site to see if the featured slider is there. - Second, go to Custom Code panel and add the line bellow to the CSS Rules textarea and click the Save Options button.

#header { background: red !important; }
Check any page to see if the header background is red.

hajir

Ricardo this happened on the same day I updated to wordpress 3.1, nothing else changed. And it worked fine before hand. So either wordpress 3.1 screwed me, or it screwed platform pro. I am not blaming anyone ... I just want a fix. No caching system. Pageline feature shows up. BUT ... wait for it ... the color doesn't change to red. Hence why I believe the CSS codes do not get updated. Same as manually changing colors in design control. The colors there do not show up either, therefore platform pro as of now is not compatible with wordpress 3.1. Has anyone actually noted that when you go to Appearances - Editor , the files and folders have changed since wordpress 3.1 ? maybe that has something to do with it ... I dunno someone could look into it.

ricardo

I lost track of this post Hajir, sorry! Seems you had a problem with the css file similar to what other users have reported. Update your PlatformPro installation (both Base and Pro had a couple of updates in the last few days) and see if the problem persists. Ricardo