Sign in to follow this  
Andrew

Javascript Issue Detector

Andrew

Starting in PlatformPro 1.3 there will be a detector for Javascript issues with the admin panel. The detector looks like this: Nv01j.gif If you see this and it doesn't disappear, then you are probably having a JS conflict of some kind. To fix:

• Disable Plugins - Check to see if one is causing the issue
  • Reset your layout editor, and other options if available.
  • Check file and folder names on your install (no spaces or special characters)

This should help some people debug their install.

micronix

what do you mean with "Reset your layout editor, and other options if available."? I disabled plugins, deleted cufon file. I did no add any other options.

diogoandre

After an upgrade to 1.3.2, the only thing that worked was hitting "Save Options" from the PlataformPro settings. Everithing is beautiful again after that...

localspiral

From the looks of it, I actually got that message for a while because of an unresponsive web host..., then it disappeared. For that, it is also a handy tool.

aldragon

Thing is just bugging me , it just does not work

Kate

Hi Alvaro, Do you have any extra plugins installed?

butcher

It seems to have problem with cforms ajax. Easy to fix following cforms instructions.

gparrott

I reset the layout, disabled all plugins but my Pagelines menu is stuck. It happened I think after I went to "Store" and installed the free plugins. I would deactivate them but they are not yet activated. Should I delete them all? The javascript warning thingy is twirling away...

Simon

wordpress version? php version? How many plugins under wp-admin/plugins.php?plugin_status=active and what are they? The thing only spins like that if there is a javascript issue with another plugin using jquery.

nragain

Hello, I've used Platform Pro on a few websites but have never had this problem. Similar to the comments above, I loaded PlatformPro as a new theme on a 3 year old wordpress site and the Settings Page continuously loads while the JavaScript Issue detector spins. I've done everything I can think of including completely erasing the database and starting over with a new Wordpress installation and working with my host provider to make sure everything looks good on their end. Wordpress version is up to date, php version in up to date, deactivation and deleting plugins have been no help, I've reset all options on the settings page. One thing I notice that is odd in addition to all of the settings pages loading as one, is that the Layout Editor and the Template Setup do not work while the other settings are still functioning (yes I've tried to reset them). Any ideas on this? Your help is much appreciated!

rug8r03d

I have the same problem as nragain - just installed wordpress on a new site and installed page lines framework, but I get the JavaScript spinning like mad. No plugins installed! Tried reinstalling, but same problem! Help!

mmredfern

I am having the same issue. I just installed MAMP, Wordpress 3.4.1, then Pagelines Developer Framework. I cannot install any plugins. The Javascript issue detector is spinning wildly. Please let us know if you have any suggestions.

duanekinsey

I'm in the same boat as mmredfern. Are there any updates on this?

xavaireland

I have no active plugins, nothing in my page liens sections and still I get this - has anyone found a solution? This was a brand new install of pagelines and fully up to date. PHP Version/SQL Version - http://www.xava.ie/test.php