Sign in to follow this  
sidianmsjones

WP 3.1 issues with PlatformPro

sidianmsjones

So far I've had two fairly big issues with the upgrade. 1. The admin bar is not displaying properly. w9NbQ.png 2. The carousel is replicating thumbnails across the entire thing whenever you visit a post. 7kVJ5.png Check it out: www.graciegail.com EDIT: GAH! It's even worse now. The little profile avatar in the admin bar is HUGE and taking up half the screen! Don't know if this is a 3.1 issue or PlatformPro.

mosley301

What plugins are you using? Might not be Plateform since others are not experiencing the same issues. I would deactivate each plugin one at a time, then test the site and see what happens. Sometimes its better to turn them all off then back on one at a time. Just need to find the one thats having issues. Then wait for an update for it or find a replacement plugin. Let us know what your find out. Thanks!

ricardo

Don't know why but the admin bar is not displaying on my site but I can confirm the carousel issue. Ricardo

bryan-hadaway

PlatformPro 1.3 coming soon. Thanks, Bryan

Andrew

Yes, I've seen the carousel issue with 3.1 as well. We are patching now. PlatformPro 1.3 is out this weekend, with all fixes for wp 3.1 .. This is so far, the only confirmed issue *(tested with the avatar and it is working correctly)

makeylon

YAY!!!!!!! Cant wait!!!! lol. As for the admin bar, I wonder if there is a way to turn it off? I should look into that, since it really annoys me...

ricardo

Mark, I was looking for an explanation why I don't have an admin bar and found a plugin (in wordpress.org plugin repository) to disable it called "disable admin bar" and a few snippets to selectively enable/disable it in yoast's site: http://yoast.com/disable-wp-admin-bar/ Ricardo

jasonlioh

Yay for the carousel fix! Guess I will bear with it till the weekends. Thanks guys!

niccolo_tapparo

I posted a fix for the carousel here. If you cannot wait until the weekend you can use it.

mosley301

Mark, You can turn off the admin bar in your profile settings. You don't need to install a plugin to do it.

ricardo

Jason, That only turns off the admin bar for you, not to the other users, which is what the Yoast plugin and the snippets do. Ricardo

maha

I have the same problem with my carousel after upgrading to WP 3.1. However now I am afraid to upgrade Platform Pro because it seems like several people have other issues with it... Can someone confirm that upgrading to the latest version of Platform Pro solved this issue without adding other problems?

bryan-hadaway

@Marilou Grenier - There's no way to ever know if something unexpected may happen with the millions of variables; plugins or customizations you may be using. You should always backup everything; files, settings, database before making upgrades. You should do this periodically anyways. Thanks, Bryan