Sign in to follow this  
szuting

boxes number are growing

szuting

I'm not quite sure but it seems that every time I look back the number of boxes grows. I tried to delete them but new boxes were popping out, wondering whether anybody has any ideas what's going on? As for now I have more than 300 of published boxes but I should only have 5. I deleted the default-boxes set, but it didn't help. I'm quite confused.

cmunns

Whoa! Can you post a screenshot? Definitely shouldn't be happening...what are your server settings, wp version, pp version, etc?

szuting

I'll get some screenshots I'm using wordpress 3.1. with media temple hosting, php version 5.2.14 mySQL 5.1.26 I'm using WPML as well. I actually deleted all "extra" boxes, so I don't have the screen shot. I will post one when it happens. The ones which show up without adding were the default ones. The newer ones I added never grew.

bryan-hadaway

PlatformPro 1.3 is coming. Marking for developer review. Thanks, Bryan

Andrew

Haven't seen this one yet.. .does it do this when you have plugins disabled? How about with features?

szuting

It didn't happen to features, only boxes. and that's why I'm very confused. and I don't even know what triggered it. It does this even when I didn't do anything.

bryan-hadaway

Did this happen when you upgraded to WordPress 3.1? Thanks, Bryan

szuting

it started happening before I upgraded to WP 3.1. I don't know whether this helps but here is a list of the plug-ins I'm using. Akismet All in One SEO Pack Google Analyticator Google XML Sitemaps NextGEN Gallery Deactivate | Edit A NextGENeration Photo gallery for the Web 2.0. Post Types Order Twitter for Wordpress WPML Multilingual CMS

Andrew

see if it happens with plugins deactivated?

szuting

so I deactivate all the plug-ins, and it stopped happening. Then I started to turn on the plug-ins one by one, and wait enough time (I noticed that the new boxes showed up periodically even though I don't know the exact time frame, I know that two hours is a long enough time for them to pop out). It happened again after I turned on the NextGen Gallery plugin. any ideas?

szuting

Hi, I eventually found out what triggered the number of the boxes to grow. It's the the WPML plug-in. So everything, I switched to another language, 3 more boxes popped up. It happened immediately right after I switched the language. It's not at all related to Nextgen plug-in. Can somebody give me some pointers here? Thank you very much,

szuting

I found out that if I turned off the option "translate custom post type" in WPML. The problem stopped happening. I also posted this problem to their forum but really appreciate if anybody can give me some insight. Thanks,

bryan-hadaway

I've been seeing some issues with WPML. Does it have caching settings? Thanks, Bryan

dnnyboy
I hope you don't mind that I bring this thread back to life. I'm having the same problem as described above. I cannot get boxes to work properly and new boxes and boxsets are added automatically to the database. The new boxes show up, but the "default-boxes" box-set is not visible. I found a similar post in the WPML forum and one of the developers said: "The best solution for this would be to get the Pagelines folks interested. We're very happy to work with theme developers to get WPML and their themes to play nice together.Ask them if they're interested and let me know. We'll be able to work directly with them and straighten everything out quickly." So would anyone be able to help out?