Sign in to follow this  
ntvalente

Page navigation and Pagenumbers in boxpages, HELP!!!

ntvalente

Hi, I've installed and tryed WP-Paginate and WP-PageNavi in PLATFORM PRO to have numbers in the Boxpages, but without any result. I didn't add any configuration, I used them as they come. Do I need to configure it? What is wrong? I'm also not able to get to other pages when I put a limit in boxnumbers. For example, I want to have 8 boxes in each page but when I put that limit in the Boxsettings area I can only see the first page, it does not create the other pages or show a way to navigate to them. How can I fix this? Do I have to create a new box page each 8 boxes and link them??? Both work well in posts but they do not in Pages, please help!!! Cheers!

cmunns

Pages aren't supposed to work with WP-PageNavi, but I do admit I don't understand your goal. Are you trying to emulate another site? What is the link to your site? Can you split the boxes by just using separate pages to achieve the same thing?

ntvalente

Thanks of your answer. Unfortunatelly I do not know too much about this website language (or english, lol), I bought Platform Pro because it seemed all drag and drop. Anyway, my goal it's very simple. I'm sure you'll understand if you visit this boxpage. It has 24 boxes but more to come, the goal is to have 8 boxes in each page and be able to navigae them all, even if they are like 100: http://www.fotografosprofissionais.com/brasil/sao-paulo/ The navigation works well in posts (see the blog page of my website) but in pages one of these days it will became too havy I think. Thank you.

bryan-hadaway

Hi Nuno, This sounds like a high level of advanced customization. Let me get some insight. Thanks, Bryan

ntvalente

Thanks Bryan, I apretiate your effort. I thought that kind of customization was easy and came with Platform Pro. As this cames in posts I thoguht it should also be in pages. Thank you for your answer, I'll be waiting. Kind regars, Nuno

cmunns

Why don't you break your boxes into pages that are categorized based on the box type. This is easy...also you can paginate a page, but only using the wp page edit screen not between boxes if that makes sense.

ntvalente

Hi cmunns, All my boxes are categorized aswell as each page is one category. That page category is "photographers from s??o paulo" or "sao paulo" category. The problem is that when I put a limit like 8 boxes per page it just does not work. Concerning "...paginate a page, but only using the wp page edit screen not between boxes if that makes sense." I really do not understand how it works. Is there any way I can do automatic pagination considering the number of boxes in given a BoxPage?

cmunns

My suggestion was manual, so there isn't really a "automatic" way to paginate pages. I'm not aware of any, but you could search for a plugin that might do this. The box limit for that page meta option should work, however, so we'll have to get that sorted out. Are you using latest PP?

ntvalente

Thanks. I'm using the last PP (PlatformPro), just bought it in the beginning of february.

makeylon

I, also, would like to find a way to have navigation on pages. In my case, I've created category pages which lists all posts in a single category, but I can't figure out a way to have it paginate. I don't want a page that has 100 posts on it. I understand I could set up a custom menu using a category page link, but I don't want "category" in my url. Any thoughts?