Sign in to follow this  
ricardo

Multiples pages sanity check

ricardo

Hi! I need a sanity check cause this is not making sense and I'm pulling the rest of my hair out.. Can someone please confirm me that Pagenavi doesn't work with PlatformPro pages, right? Just posts! Let me rephrase that: can someone please confirm me that multiple pages (through the use of nextpage page link tag) works in Posts but not in Pages in PlatformPro? Thanks!

cmunns

It's not supposed to. WP-PageNavi I don't believe works on pages, but you can add the `` tag inside of your wp page editor and then add this code to your functions.php file to create paginated pages: ` add_action ('pagelines_inside_bottom_theloop','page_next'); function page_next(){ wp_link_pages( $args ); } `

ricardo

Thanks Adam, I now have multiple page support in Pages. If you don't mind, please consider this as a feature request (adding multiple pages support to Pages). One problem remains, either in Posts or Pages, there's a pagination link (Pages: 1 2) but it's not related to PlatformPro. - What's the name of the section I have to add to Single Post Content Area and Page Content Area?

bryan-hadaway

Moving to Ideas & Feedback. Not understanding this question: "What's the name of the section I have to add to Single Post Content Area and Page Content Area?" Thanks, Bryan

ricardo

Brian, When you are editing a template, in the Template Setup screen, you move sections from the Available/Disabled Sections column to the Displayed ___ Sections column. Ricardo

Kate

Hi Ricardo - You're trying to get rid of the "(Pages: 1 2)"? If I'm understanding you correctly and you're saying it's not related to PageLines, then it wouldn't be changed in that section. Please let me know, though, if I misunderstood.

Simon

wp_link_pages() is used for single post pages AND normal pages as of 1.3.

ricardo

Kate, I wasn't trying to get rid off that. I was under the impression that: a) WP PageNavi would handle the multiple pages within a Post/Page; B) and would make it look like the WP Page-Navi (Pro) example in the docs Can you (or anyone) confirm this?

Andrew

Ricardo, we've added some work to the pagination of posts/pages. PageNavi only handles the 'pagination' of posts i.e. on the blog page. There will be some improvements here in 1.3 -- out this weekend.

ricardo

Thanks Andrew! For the record, this is fixed in the 1.3.1 release!