Sign in to follow this  
icjackson

Drag and Drop Not Working

icjackson

Okay, I have tried to get this to work and have had to work around it for the sake of time with this site's development, but I really need the drag and drop feature to work now and it never has for me. It's not a plugin issue either; been there, tried that, no effect. I am using Firefox (v. 3.6.13) and even tried logging in in IE to see if it was a browser issue. No dice. The whole area under the drop-down menu is empty and has been since I installed Pagelines :-( I need to use a hook and the instructions I read here in the forum require that I access something within the Template Setup area (something with the Site Header) but since all I can see is the drop down menu, the instructions don't make sense. Please help :-( In case you need it, the url is http://www.onemagusa.com Thx

Kate

Hi Ivo - Plugins would've been the first thing I suggested. So, assuming you've disabled all of them and tested it, which it sounds like you have, then... Have you tried testing the theme in a fresh install? I'm not suggesting you do this over your current site. Rather, setup a test directory (even locally) and try it out there, just to make sure nothing's wrong with your theme files. (Something could've gone wrong during download, etc.) Also: have you made any modifications?

icjackson

I haven't made any modifications to the theme files; just custom CSS. And it never did work to begin with, so that would rule out modifications, too :-( Do you have any other suggestions before I go to the trouble of a second test install? I don't have a lot of time to spare right now, so I'm hoping that maybe there is a particular file that can be checked for trouble instead of another WP install and then another Pagelines install. If it's the only recourse then I guess I will have to break down and do it sooner or later, but I was hoping for something more straight to the point. Thanks for the help so far, Kate :-)

icjackson

Oh yeah - my layout editor has never worked, either. Hope that might be a clue as to what file is corrupt or whatever is going on. Thx

bryan-hadaway

What version of PlatformPro are you using? What host are you using? We've seen lots of problems with GoDaddy. Thanks, Bryan

icjackson

Not sure what version, Bryan, but I just bought it less than a month ago. And I'm using 1&1 for my web hosting. Thx :-)

Andrew

Ivo, reset your layout editor. That may be the issue right there.

icjackson

Updating the files with the newer version seems to have done the trick! Thanks Bryan and Andrew :-D