Sign in to follow this  
inov8ed

Performance Tuning (feature request)

inov8ed

Hi, Something you might want to think about for the future is ways of doing some performance tuning on the framework. Besides just doing this in general one idea that might be interesting is the following. Somehow load/unload CSS and JS as needed by doing a "setup wizard" or something when you first install. For example, if you don't use the Carousel, then you don't need the CSS for it. While it might seem trivial, keeping the entire framework scalable would be great for performance tuning using tools like W3 Total Cache. It is important to have not only a full featured site, but only have the features load that are needed and squash, minify and reduce the size of everything else. Thanks for a great theme. -Adam

makeylon

That is actually one of the things they are working on, according to the developers. Dividing up the css and only loading it when necessary according to the template options used.

inov8ed

I have minified just about everything on the site. However, when I tried the main css files, things got wonky. In another thread on W3 Total Cache Andrew said to not minify the main CSS files. Good to know they are working on this. You can never go wrong with improving speed. -Adam

bryan-hadaway

If you get me a link I can show you what CSS file to exclude from minification. Thanks, Bryan

inov8ed

The site is http://www.inov8-ed.com I pretty much minified them all except for the following: platformpro/css/theme.css platformpro/pro/pro.css platformpro/style.css platformpro/core/css/core.css platformpro/core/css/dynamic.css platformbase/base.css I could start minifying them one by one to see which one breaks it, but haven't had the time. So, if you have any wisdom you can impart, that would be great. Also, any idea if minifying these javascripts in the theme break anything? platformpro/core/js/ie.belatedpng.js platformpro/sections/nav/superfish.js Thnanks! -Adam