Sign in to follow this  
tim4708

More Link Not Visible

tim4708

Hello, The "more" link in the boxes on my homepage seems to have disappeared. I'm not exactly sure why this has occurred since the "more" link is still present under Boxes -> Edit Box -> Upload/Insert. Website = Here Thanks for your help!

Kate

You're talking about the "Our Clients", etc. boxes, correct? How did you have them showing before? By default the link is for the image...

tim4708

Thanks Kate. Yes, those are the boxes I am referring to. However, I am not referring to the image link. Under Edit Box -> Upload/Insert, there is an "insert More tag (alt + shift + T)" button/option. After I selected this option, the word "more" appeared under the text in my boxes in parentheses. When you clicked on it, you would be taken to another page. The "more" tag still exists in my boxes. The word "more" in parenthesis is simply not displaying.

cmunns

I can see it still there when I view the source but it's not present otherwise. Did you add any plugins? If it was working before there must be a reason why it's not now.

tim4708

I added the following plugins: Widget Logic All in one SEO Post Types Order I tried deactivating all of them, but that did not resolve the issue. The only other playing around that I've really done with Boxes is to delete the following code to disable the link associated with the picture in "Our Clients." I have since reinserted that code and the link associated with the picture is once again active. You can see this here. Please advise.

tim4708

The following post can be seen here: http://www.pagelines.com/forum/topic.php?id=6036&replies=4#post-32550 - - - Hi Tim - If the images were input using the "PlatformPro Box Options" on the box edit screen, then the link is optional, and is added in the "Box Image Link" text box. However, if the image and link were added in the main content area of the edit screen, (which, if I'm looking at it correctly, yours were), you would just need to delete the anchor tag surrounding the image. For instance, currently you have: That would become:

tim4708

OK, the code did not post correctly above. You can view the code at the link noted above. It is the third post down from the top. Thanks.

tim4708
a href="http://www.business-english-editors.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/Our-Customers-resized.png"

tim4708

sorry, a couple problems with my post. The code I deleted is directly above.

cmunns

Showing Code: To display code just put it between backticks `code` (top left corner of keyboard) Did you upgrade to WP 3.1? I do believe changed the way the boxes show information because WP didn't like having another the_content placed somewhere else on the page within another loop and the more tag only works within `the_content()` context. You need to set your links manually now

tim4708

I have not tried this myself yet, but for those of you with a similar issue, you may wish to check out the following tutorial on YouTube.