Sign in to follow this  
buddhistwhatson

changing background colour and making outline for posts page single posts page

buddhistwhatson

Hi; Please excuse as i'm a bit of a newbie. I would like to: 1) change the posts page (multi post view) so that the posts have a border around them, and a different background fill. 2) On the single post page - same thing ( not the whole page but just the post. I searched the forum and i found some examples, but when i put the code in my custom css, nothing happens??‚ I have used css code before and it works. I think i'm missing something, like a prefix (body? ) before the examples. i tried this http://www.pagelines.com/forum/topic.php?id=6038 #column-wrap .dcol-pad { background: none repeat scroll 0 0 #F7F7F7; } http://www.pagelines.com/forum/topic.php?id=3712 i tried the code suggested at the bottom of this post http://www.pagelines.com/forum/topic.php?id=2958 and i tried firebug to try to identify the post boxes, but no luck so far. Can you please help with item 1 and 2. oh my site is www.buddhistwhatson.com password Happy666 Thank you

Kate

Hey Rodney - When you say Firebug didn't help, were you able to use the "pointer" tool that highlights boxes as you hover over them? If you need help finding that, let us know. Also: try adding the !important declaration. For instance, with the code you listed above:

#column-wrap .dcol-pad {
	background: none repeat scroll 0 0 #F7F7F7;
	}

buddhistwhatson

hi Kate; Yes i can use the pointer, and i can sometimes find the code that when i change the color, will work using firebug, but when i copy to custom css, it doesnt work. so it looks like im missing some other declaration, i dont know. I found out what the !important declaration is and tried it. When i use this code. it changes the background color of all of the content boxes, such as homepage. .hentry { background: #FFFF00 repeat scroll 0 0 ; border: 4px double #FF0000; clear: none; padding: 2px !important; } How can i change this code so it only affects the multi posts page, and the posts page? thank you

Kate

Hi Rodney - Both of those pages should have the "blog" class (set in the body tag), I believe. (Double check to be sure.) If they do, then you can use this CSS:

.blog .hentry {
	background: #FFFF00 repeat scroll 0 0 ;
	border: 4px double #FF0000;
	clear: none;
	padding: 2px !important;
	}

buddhistwhatson

hi kate i just kept trying and eventually it worked. thanks for your patience.