Sign in to follow this  
aequator

Where to put code before /body tag?

aequator

Hi there, To view my publication I use a direct link to the pdf file and then Issuu Smartlook, which takes care of making it beautiful. Simple and clean, used to work perfectly on a different theme. http://issuu.com/smartlook http://www.aequator.nl/nieuws/nieuwsberichten/hogere-zomerpeilen-in-het-friese-veenweidegebied Now, the pdf still shows up as a link, SmartLook doesn't seem to work. But the only thing that's changes is the theme, I think. In Chrome it tells me that the code is not directly in front of the /body tag, as it should be, when I put it into Platform Pro's settings: Footer Scripts. Any wild guesses?

aequator

yes, and the code is correct. it's the placement that's wrong

kastelic

Hmm, its hard to say what is causing this. I can tell you that your Smartlook script is indeed where it should be, just before the closing body tag. There are a few scripts after it but it is in the right place.

aequator

Perhaps it's acting odd because this is the second domain I've tried it with. I've deleted the first code, but yeah, how do they know that my site doesn't use SmartLook anymore. I think I have to start a new account and try again. Probably not Platform Pro's fault, anyhow. I'll keep you posted!

aequator

Hmm.. I've made a new account on Issuu, and added the fresh code into the correct (I assume?) Footer Scripts section from Platform Pro. Still not working though. Any suggestions?

bryan-hadaway

I think you'll need to manually go to: Appearance > Editor > Footer and add it just before `

aequator

Hi everyone, I've solved the problem. It took me some time to find out though, however the solution's pretty simple. As a domain for Issuu I had *.aequator.nl, but apparently it was necessary to do the 'raw' host link, so *.aequator.goedgehost.nl. Thanks for all of your help, guys. You're the best! Lars