Sign in to follow this  
michael_l_milesyahoocom

Missing Template Selector (Platform Pro)

michael_l_milesyahoocom

What has changed: I moved my blog from GoStinkyDaddy to 1and1.com. After the move, I no longer have the ability to choose a template. Here is a link to show what my post edit page looks like now, seems to be missing 'stuff' http://min.us/mvfYXc2 Has this happened to anyone else? Insight and advice? Thanks!

Sourena

1. Click on "Screen Options" tab on the top-right of your page. It opens up the page options. 2. Make sure "Page Attributes" is checked. In your case it is probably unchecked for some reason, and that is the reason it does not show up. hvtaY.png

alefba.us

Web Development & Design for Right-to-Left languages

michael_l_milesyahoocom

Thanks for the response, I think this is getting me to the answer, but look at this...I don't have that option! http://min.us/mvk69pC

Sourena

That is strange. Disable all the plugins and check the page again to see if it appears. It might be a plugin conflict of some sort.

alefba.us

michael_l_milesyahoocom

Thanks for the input, I'll try that 2nd. I'm re-uploading the theme now as I think (for whatever reason) it is missing the template files. After your first post, that gave me better 'google' key words to search on and others had this problem (in general) when their template files were missing. (aka, post templates within their theme) If this doesn't clear it up, then I'll do the 'ole disable plugins and re-activate one be one to find a conflict there. Thanks!

michael_l_milesyahoocom

No go on fresh upload of theme. No go on disable all plugins. Cleared browser cache as part of testing, but neither of these provided a solution to the problem. Wordpress 3.0.5 is what I have installed, I may re-install wp to 3.0 and see if this is the cause.... Anyone with further input, still much appreciated.

marvage

This is a long shot - but perhaps it's the same issue. When I moved my site files (theme files only) from my beta site to live, for some reason my pagination section just vanished. It no longer appeared as an option. Turns out my server timed-out while uploading and the section file that controlled pagination appeared to have uploaded (it looked like it was on the server) but the file size was zero. It took me a while to figure this out. But once I did - I just re-uploaded the file and that solved everything. Try looking at the file size of the theme files on your server/hosting account, both base and platform. Is everything really there? Cheers! Doug

marvage

Forgot to add - I'm running Platform on 3.0.5 and it works great.

kastelic

It sounds like a core wordpress file or files was not copied over fully like Doug said. Choosing a template is a Wordpress feature, not just a Platform feature.

Sourena

I agree. I think you need to re-install WordPress.

alefba.us

michael_l_milesyahoocom

This is completely mystifying! Thanks for the input, I believe you all got me in the right direction, but here is the kicker. This effects all my blogs (I have 3 installed) and also my 'test servers' I run...1 is on GoShittyDaddy.com and the others are on 1and1.com They all are experiencing this issue! I've gone as far re-installing Wordpress and Pagelines multiple times. I've downgraded to WP 3.0 and Pagelines 1.2.1 (which I know was working before). I've tried accessing in Safari and Firefox. (Trying to explain via a browser extension installed). I've tried accessing on 3 different computers, 2 are mac's and 1 is a PC. (Trying to explain that it may be a computer specific issue....for whatever reason) I don't think anyone can help on this! It doesn't make sense! I'm very open to new suggestions....

michael_l_milesyahoocom

You had to know there was a very obvious reason for this right? I wasn't looking at pages any longer, I was looking at posts. There are no template options for a post. Thanks all for your time as I scurry away in my corner.....humiliated. Cheers.

marvage

Easy enough to do! Good to hear you got it figured out. :)