Sign in to follow this  
christopher_a

bbPress plugin?

christopher_a

The new bbPress plugin comes with a sample template for the Twenty Ten theme, is there a way to copy this directory and modify to work with Platform Pro? Or is that a deep project that requires someone with actual developer skills, and far beyond my monkey code antics?

catrina

I don't think the sample template has to be copied to work with PlatformPro. Are you trying to use the exact same template for the Twenty Ten theme without making any modifications to it?

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

christopher_a

Actually when Platform Pro is running, trying to activate the bbpress plug brings up a dialog at the top of the Dashboard to select a compatible theme for operation. If I ignore the warning, keeping Platform Pro on, the bbpress plug does not function. I'm guessing since bbpress adds template options to the page, that Platform Pro supersedes with its own template scheme? It looks like the bbpress plug folder has a subfolder for themes, and of course there are only two 'officially' supported; default and twentyten. Since the plugin is pretty new, looks like they are still kinda alpha, there might be more dust to settle before it becomes viable?

alexqw

Hey, Which one ended up working for you with bbpress-plugin? Did the official PageLines theme work with it and/or did you have to use the BuddyPress Template Pack? Glad to see someone else is looking at bbpress-plugin. How's your experience been with it so far? ---Alex

christopher_a

Well, I think I either totally misunderstood Catrina and Bryan or they are talking about bbpress stand-alone. I found out the plug-in is still in alpha, so probably too new (unhatched even) for support. I've installed bbpress stand-alone for the time being and figure I'll migrate to the plug-in once there is an actual release. Thanks to everyone for trying though!