Sign in to follow this  
areafivesixonehotmailcom

Platform Pro Feature Image Alignment

areafivesixonehotmailcom

Hi, I have made the feature 700px wide and aligned the feature to the right on a 1000px wide platform theme to free up some space to the left of the feature slider. Now when I add pics to the feature they are aligned too far right in the feature box and some of the pic is not showing. After inspecting element, it shows that there is a CSS controling the .fmedia (image).. element.style {position: relative; width:1000px; height:330px;} ...and I cannot find this code in any css files to alter it. Any idea where to edit this line? Thanks in advance! Jessica

kastelic

A link to the site would be helpful. If you can inspect and see which rules are affecting something, you can always make new rules in the custom code-> custom css box. Any rules you put here will override anything in the core files.

Sourena

Change the media alignment by adding this to your Custom CSS:

#feature_slider .fmedia .dcol-pad {
	    text-align: right;
	}

Of course you can change it to center or left as well.

alefba.us

Web Development & Design for Right-to-Left languages

areafivesixonehotmailcom

Hi No luck yet, here is the link hgrefl.com Thanks in advance! Jessica :)

cshoffmann

You need to upload the picture as a feature "background", not feature "media". The Background setting will fill the slider. The media setting will set the picture to the right or left on top of the background. feature_setting.png

areafivesixonehotmailcom

BINGO! Cheers!

areafivesixonehotmailcom

that fix worked perfect prior to upgrades to wp3.1 and pp1.3....now its acting up again. Any way for me to hard code the image to align properly. Kind regards, Jess

cmunns

Double check the feature options to make sure they didn't default. The same should apply...

chad_c

I have the same issue. A colleague looked it and said it had something to do with the image file. Is there any image production work I should do before uploading the image? (aside from resizing to fit the spot?) thanks!

bryan-hadaway

Your colleague is probably right. The images themselves have to be sized properly to fit. Thanks, Bryan

areafivesixonehotmailcom

Hi, I have tried using both feature media upload and fetaure background upload, neither eliminate the mis-alignment of the image. The image dimensions are an exact match to the feature box size. Cmunns,what do you mean by "Double check the feature options to make sure they didn't default. " Cheers, Jessica

areafivesixonehotmailcom

Upgrading to 1.3.1 fixed it cheers!!!!!!!!! Jessica :)