Sign in to follow this  
joeclinegmailcom

Issues with WhiteHousePro 3 navigation being overridden

joeclinegmailcom

For some reason my whitehouse pro 3 website won't completely abide by my Theme settings for Navigation. I looked in the Header.php file and turned off the navigation items in the theme settings, but the links for sub-pages are still being written, but in the format of " <li class="page_item page-item-24"><a href="http://www.affinityproperties.com/selling.php" title="Sell">Sell<ul class='children'><li class="page_item page-item-80"> " I googled the page_item page-item- and found that it appears to be a way that wordpress writes out navigation, but shouldn't the theme take over this functionality? Any ideas on how I can fix this?

kastelic

Could you post a link to your site, and try to give us an idea of exactly what you want to accomplish? Editing header.php is kind of a last resort. There's a lot you can do before you try that.

joeclinegmailcom

crap. Sorry for the late response. I didn't get an email saying there was a response. I'm trying to optimize my site and a google analysis tool is saying that there are too many (over 100 links) per page. When I look at them most of the links are secondary nav, which I have disabled as dropdowns so shouldn't need to be on any page except when they are the child of the current page. Additionally, it's bloating the html with a lot of page_item links that don't need to be there. my url is www.affinityproperties.com. Thanks a ton.

joeclinegmailcom

Not really. The way google address pagerank sculpting was the basically take the PR of the page, divide by the number of links and then pass 0 PR to nofollowed links. It used to take PR and divide by the number of non-nofollow links, thus you could do something with the PR. Now if you hvae links that are no-follow the PR just evaporates. It would be nice if I could just get the links not to be generated in the HTML. The links never show up in navigation unless you are in a child of the current page anyway so why send the children of other parents to the browser? Seems like poor design and SEO. Joe

Kate

Hey Joseph, I think something Adam mentioned will help you... If you use a custom menu (Appearance->Menus) then you won't have to have the sub menu items automatically appear. If you want to have sub menu items, you can manually insert them.