Sign in to follow this  
annastead

Font size issues

annastead

Hello, I am trying to reduce the size of my text fonts across the site and am going around in circles. I have been using FireBug, but find that if I change the size on one area, something else (a header, but not all, a widget, the nav bar - something that seems random to me) will also change - and not to a size I want! 1. I would like the size of body text to be as in the bullet text here: http://annabananna.com/about-2/about-face/ (it is 14px). 2. I would like the text of the headers to reduce too, but not to the same size (if I do it via FireBug, all headers (h1, h2, h3 etc) become the same size on pages and the blog page, other than on full blog posts). 3. I would like the sidebar widget text to also reduce - a little smaller than the main body text. I have scoured through the forum and tried pasting code that seems related I find into my custom css, but none of it has worked in the ways I need... Many, many thanks in advance.

annastead

In case it's useful/pertinant, this is what I have in my custom css box: body{} .widget-title { font-size: 0.9em; letter-spacing: 2px; margin-bottom: 0.6em; padding: 6px 8px 3px 0; text-align: left; text-transform: none; } #footer .widget-title { border: 0 none; font-size: 0.9em; margin-bottom: 0.6em; padding-left: 0; } .font-sub, #primary-nav li a, .metabar, .subtext, .subhead, .widget-title, .post-comments, .reply a, .editpage, .site-description, #pagination .wp-pagenavi, .fcontent .flink, .post-edit-link, #wp-calendar caption, #wp-calendar thead th, #callout .callout_copy, #breadcrumb, .ticker-wrap, h5.sidebartitle, #highlight .highlight-subhead, .soapbox-links a, .fancybox, .standard-form .admin-links, #featurenav a, #feature-footer span.playpause, .pagelines-blink { font-family: "Lucida Grande","Helvetica",arial,sans-serif; letter-spacing: 0.1em; text-transform: none; } .tcolor2, .subhead, .widget-title, .post-edit-link, .metabar .sword, #branding .site-description, #callout, #commentform .required, #postauthor .subtext, #buddypress-page .standard-form .admin-links, #wp-calendar caption, #carousel .thecarousel, #pagination .wp-pagenavi span.pages, .commentlist .comment-meta a { color: #FF7AA7; } #cred {display:none; } .font-primary, body, .commentlist, .font-highlight, h1, h2, h3, h4, h5, h6 { font-family: 'Lucida Grande', Helvetica, arial, sans-serif; } h1, h2, h3, h4, h5, h6 { font-weight: normal; line-height: 1.6em; margin: 0; padding: 0; } element.style { font-size: 14px; } html, body, div, span, applet, object, iframe, h1, h2, h3, h4, h5, h6, p, blockquote, pre, a, abbr, acronym, address, big, cite, code, del, dfn, em, font, img, ins, kbd, q, s, samp, small, strike, strong, sub, sup, tt, var, b, u, i, center, dl, dt, dd, ol, ul, li, fieldset, form, label, legend, table, caption, tbody, tfoot, thead, tr, th, td { background: none repeat scroll 0 0 transparent; border: 0 none; font-size: 100%; margin: 0 0 0.5em; outline: 0 none; padding: 0; vertical-align: baseline; }

kastelic

Whoah you definitely don't need all that. Try replacing all your css with this:

h1{font-size:22px}
	h2{font-size:18px}
	h3{font-size:16px}
	h4{font-size:14px}
	p{font-size:12px}

thebusysingleparent

I have the same issue and the above suggestion changed the post title on the single post page but how do I change the size of the post title (link) on the category post page

Andrew

Hey christina, Wp adds classes to the `

` tag to help you isolate your custom rules. So do something like this: `.category .custom_rule {... custom css ...}`