Sign in to follow this  
peterluit

GD Graphics Lib

peterluit

Does Platform Pro use GD Graphics Lib for Carousel?

catrina

I'm not sure about that, but someone else can definitely answer that. Just bump this topic up if needed.

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

peterluit

The point is that FlickrRSS works fine for me, but my thumbnails (created with the posts) do not display. Actually I cannot imagine that GD Graphics Lib is used, because I make the 64 x 64 pixels thumbnail myself as featured image for each post. Is there something with custom fields settings? Any specific values there?

catrina

There are specific values that could be set in the Carousel settings, but 64x64 is just a default.

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

peterluit

@catrina: do you know if I have to do something with custom fields to get the carousel working?

peterluit

@bryan: thanks, but I am not looking for a Flickr solution, that works fine anyway. I just want my featured images (thumbnails) to appear in the Carousel. My question was if any custom filed values would be involved to get that working. I already uploaded the needed featured images for all posts..... Thanks!

Kate

Hi Peter - Not to sound obvious, but: from the "Carousel Settings" in the PL settings area, you have "Featured Posts" selected from the "Carousel Image/Link Mode" dropdown, correct/ Also, please be sure that this option on the individual page you've created is the same as well, and not pointing to Flickr or NextGen.

peterluit

@kate: yes, done all that stuff. Also on the individual posts. The thing is that I do see some filenames in het custom fields area: carousel_mode, carousel_mode and carousel_post_id. I am just curious if I have to do something here.... Until now still: image not available. Flickr works fine, so it seems not to be a javascript problem, but it must have something to do with getting the featured images.

cmunns

If you have a link I can check for js errors.

cmunns

There is a resource from pixel.quauntserve.com that isn't loading, what is that related to? Seems like you have a plugin conflict...try deactivating any you have installed and then test again.

peterluit

@cmunns: I realy don't have any idea where that is coming from. Could you give me more details where you found that? Thanks!

cmunns

oh you know what. I see that you have W3 total cache turned on. If you are compressing JS and other things you are going to have problems...First clear all caches if that doesn't work deactivate the plugin and see if your thumbs show.

peterluit

OK, I will have to search through my plug-ins, in another site of mine, I tested the Carousel, and that worked fine on the same server. So there must be something with some plug-in. That is what I will have to do myself. Thanks anyway!!

peterluit

Well, I think I know what causes the problem. I did a complete fresh install of WordPress 3.1 for another site, no plug-ins and installed PlatformPro and Base. I uploaded a featured image of 64x64 pixels for first post 'Hello World' and it did not show. Yesterday I had an older WordPress 3.01 site with lotst of plug-in and all featured images for the posts did show, without any problem. Do you know if there is a 3.1 issue?

peterluit

Well, I did see your changelog directing to 1.3.0 and issues with Carousel. Thanks!! I will be waiting for that release. I hope this issue will be solved now......