Sign in to follow this  
gayatriom

I need sidebars only on one PAGE.

gayatriom

Hey. I need sidebars and the content sidebar only on ONE page- how can i do this without changing the layout for all the templates. I'm getting so confused. My default layout for the rest of my pages needs to be full width. All I want is for the homepage to have two sidebars- one on each side- and for the middle section to have a content sidebar(a widget)... I am using buddypress also.

Sourena

1. First go to Layout Editor and select the layout without sidebar as your default layout mode. 2. Then in your "home" page choose "Two sidebar, one on each side". It is in the box "PlatformPro page Template Options". ITYaD.png D60B4.png

alefba.us

Web Development & Design for Right-to-Left languages

Andrew

Right, I agree with Sourena... Don't worry, there's a small learning curve; but that's why we're here to help ya :)

gayatriom

Hey Thanks! haha I found what I needed in the edit section of the page- wayyyy at the bottom where I could choose a special layout for that page only haha funny thing is that I totally had used it before. Just so many possibilities with Platform. BTW. I'd like to thank you guys for the AMAZING support. Wpmu Dev is nothing compared to you guys. Your answers actually work!

xflame

Hello, I kinda get it if the page is listed in the wordpress page listing. But how if I want to set the sidebar only appear on the homepage (the one with the posts)? Because the "homepage" is not listed on the wordpress page listing. Thanks, Donny

xflame

Can it be achieve using the standard configuration in Platform?

ricardo

Donny, the simplest way to do it is: - create a page that will serve as home page; - in the Pagelines Meta Settings > General Page Setup select the sidebar option that best suits you; - go to Settings > Reading and click on "A static page" in the Front Page Display option and select the page you created; Ricardo Ps. you should open a topic for your own questions

xflame

Hmm OK, so it needs to be a page that is created with WordPress. I didn't open a new topic because I think it's directly related with this topic. Thanks